The Student Room Group

BAE systems 2023 - Aerospace engineering degree apprenticeship

Hi all, I am in a recruitment process for an aerospace engineering degree apprentice in Samlesbury/Wharton. I have done the hirevue interview and they said they are going to shortlist the candidates for the interviews by the end of March and April. Please can you share your tips and the interview questions I will be asked in the next step(s)? Will this be the final step and be an in-person interview/videocall? Is there any group assessment game/questions or it's a private interview? What questions will I be asked? I don't want to appear annoying, just to be prepared and successful. Thanks in advance for your tips and valuable information.

Scroll to see replies

I had my interview last week. It was just a general virtual interview with 2 members of the team. Mine had a degree apprentice and a project manager
(edited 1 year ago)
Mine was last week aswell and yeah same for me. They asked very general questions. But be ready for them to ask u questions where u have to recall times uve shown urself to do a specific thing eg. Teamwork tha kinda thing
Original post by Xela5767
I had my interview last week. It was just a general virtual interview with 2 members of the team. Mine had a degree apprentice and a project manager

Please can you mention the specific questions? What position was the interview for? Thanks
Original post by MalkaWilliams
Mine was last week aswell and yeah same for me. They asked very general questions. But be ready for them to ask u questions where u have to recall times uve shown urself to do a specific thing eg. Teamwork tha kinda thing

Please can you mention the specific questions? What position was the interview for? Thanks
Reply 5
I applied for the Digital and Technology Solutions (Data analytics) degree apprenticeship in Christchurch. Last week was my interview too. I don't remember many of the questions but genuinely they were very general.
They asked for an example of how I showed teamwork. An example about when I was working in a team and I gave some input - how was that input received. Things about my personality and experience. The "Tell me about yourself" question. And then at the end there was a question about changing something that already exists for the better and how you would go about it.
Original post by z_ash
I applied for the Digital and Technology Solutions (Data analytics) degree apprenticeship in Christchurch. Last week was my interview too. I don't remember many of the questions but genuinely they were very general.
They asked for an example of how I showed teamwork. An example about when I was working in a team and I gave some input - how was that input received. Things about my personality and experience. The "Tell me about yourself" question. And then at the end there was a question about changing something that already exists for the better and how you would go about it.

Thanks mate, my application was unsuccessful
Reply 7
Original post by WertlordBeta
Thanks mate, my application was unsuccessful

Ah damn sorry to hear about that. I hope everything else goes well for you
Original post by z_ash
Ah damn sorry to hear about that. I hope everything else goes well for you

Thanks, good luck with you too
Original post by WertlordBeta
Hi all, I am in a recruitment process for an aerospace engineering degree apprentice in Samlesbury/Wharton. I have done the hirevue interview and they said they are going to shortlist the candidates for the interviews by the end of March and April. Please can you share your tips and the interview questions I will be asked in the next step(s)? Will this be the final step and be an in-person interview/videocall? Is there any group assessment game/questions or it's a private interview? What questions will I be asked? I don't want to appear annoying, just to be prepared and successful. Thanks in advance for your tips and valuable information.

What were the hireview questions for this?
Original post by FireflameMK
What were the hireview questions for this?

Did you ever find out?
Original post by _.cmcguire._
Did you ever find out?

Nope :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by _.cmcguire._
Did you ever find out?

they were like tell us about the time where you showed leaderships or tell us a time where you encountered a problem
Hi, I have a live interview coming up for BAE Systems Apprentice Air Technician Manufacturing Engineer Level 4 (Samlesbury/Warton). I just wanted to ask if you still remember what questions were asked in the interview and if you think theres anything that could make me stand out.
Original post by MalkaWilliams
like how general?
I thought it would be 5 competency questions and 3 technical??
Thanks
Original post by JJ6
they were like tell us about the time where you showed leaderships or tell us a time where you encountered a problem
How long ago was your interview?
What position did you apply for?
How many questions were asked?
What competency questions did they ask?
was it 5 competency and 3 technical?
so many questions sorry
Hi, I have a live interview coming up for BAE Systems Apprentice Air Technician Manufacturing Engineer Level 4 (Samlesbury/Warton). I just wanted to ask if you still remember what questions were asked in the interview and if you think theres anything that could make me stand out.
also where you successful in the end
Original post by grainy-embezzlem
also where you successful in the end
I have an interview for degree aerospace engineering apprenticeship coming up soon.
Update me on how it goes?
Original post by 100169990
I have an interview for degree aerospace engineering apprenticeship coming up soon.
Update me on how it goes?
I will and will try to remember what questions they ask since it’s probably the number one thing that will help you 😅
When is your interview mines next week
Original post by grainy-embezzlem
I will and will try to remember what questions they ask since it’s probably the number one thing that will help you 😅
When is your interview mines next week
2 weeks. This is the only shot I have as they only accept one application per calendar year. Prayers for you mate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending