The Student Room Group

What Uni could I get in to?

Hi, I am in Year 12 at a grammar school in Kent and I am thinking of applying to do medicine at university. I am currently studying A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Politics and I am predicted A*A*A*A. However I am aware that it is a competitive field, and although my GCSE results were okay I am worried they will not make the mark.
I got 3 A* 5A and 3 Bs.
What universities could I get into with these grades?
In b4 London Met might...
"Hi Everyone, I am in Lower Sixth at Grammar School and would like to go on to Oxbridge for University to study PPE. I am studying Biology, Politics and Economics with Chemistry as an AS. I am predicted A* A* A which is above their AAA requirement. However I have heard that they put a lot of stress on your GCSE results. I got 766A*A*A*AAAA. Would I be able to get in with these A Levels and GCSEs?Thank you"

Your other, only post.

Complete u-turn on career.
Work experience and your general interest in medicine is going to have a massive impact on your eligibility, regardless of whether your grades are good. Do you have these areas covered?
The GCSEs are fine for medicine as long as you avoid applying to certain med schools.

As mentioned, I would ensure medicine is definitely your best option including having done plenty of volunteer work and work experience.
Reply 4
Thank you for all your advice. I have always wanted to do medicine but my school was encouraging me to have a back up plan and recommended I look into politics and economics.
I have trained as a first aider through St Johns Ambulance and have volunteered working as a first aider at a Scout Camp but I am hoping to get some more work experience in a more medical environment.
(edited 6 years ago)
Open University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending