The Student Room Group

trying to get started in filmmaker

i'm very new to film making only filmed one project for college which was something it was good and bad . it was just a little trailer I made. okay the really question is where do I start , do I start filming finding people or work on filming watching seeing the good and bad.
Reply 1
Since I’ve been doing this for many years, what I would reccommebd doing is looking at current material(movies, past student work, trailers etc) and see how they are made and what techniques were used. Then you can start coming up with ideas from this as inspiration and then start to plan out how to make it such as (use a phone if you want) camera work or editing. Ive been editing and doing special effects for a while on software so this is normal for me but if you want to learn how to use software, watch tutorials on YouTube they are very helpful and keep practicing on it and you’ll get the jist of it, once you feel confident of filming and have made many projects, you can start investing into cameras such as affordable DSLRs and some mics for better quality recording and just continue progressing from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending