The Student Room Group

business studies or media stydiesgcse

Im not too sure whether or not to stick with business studies or switch to media? can u guys please tell me ur experiences, ty!
I do both business studies and film studies for GCSE, to make this more simple, I will split this up in pros and cons.
Pros of switching to film studies - it is a very fun GCSE to study as you get to watch films and it doesn't require maths or science.
Cons of switching to film studies - if you are switching you will have to catch up a bit by watching the films you missed, and write notes from others, depending how far into the GCSE year you are in. The exams also require a lot of essay writing (in my exams there are up to 20 markers.)
Generally, If you are the type of person that likes to dwell deeply into things and also like doing essays, then Film studies might be for you as those types of questions come up in film studies (a lot).

However, it is up to you as it depends on what your interests are and what type of things you are good at, also, the quicker you decide on wether to switch or not, the better as you will have less to catch up on. Best of luck on whatever you choose!
Reply 2
Original post by agentbudgie
I do both business studies and film studies for GCSE, to make this more simple, I will split this up in pros and cons.
Pros of switching to film studies - it is a very fun GCSE to study as you get to watch films and it doesn't require maths or science.
Cons of switching to film studies - if you are switching you will have to catch up a bit by watching the films you missed, and write notes from others, depending how far into the GCSE year you are in. The exams also require a lot of essay writing (in my exams there are up to 20 markers.)
Generally, If you are the type of person that likes to dwell deeply into things and also like doing essays, then Film studies might be for you as those types of questions come up in film studies (a lot).

However, it is up to you as it depends on what your interests are and what type of things you are good at, also, the quicker you decide on wether to switch or not, the better as you will have less to catch up on. Best of luck on whatever you choose!

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending