The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Digital filmmaking BA at BCU

What's the digital film-making course at BCU like? I have an admission for both Teeside and BCU but I'm not sure which has the better filmmaking / media course. For those who have attended or are attending a film or media course at BCU, what has the experience like and would you recommend it?
Reply 1
Anyone?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Stanhere
Anyone?

Hi @Stanhere,

That's great that you've got your offers!

Although I'm not a Film-making student, I have just finished my first year at BCU studying Fashion design and thought I could give you some insight.

Here's the link to the BCU Filmmaking course which you may have already seen, but I think it would be a good idea to cross compare BCU and Teeside's courses to see if you'd enjoy their content. Compare the teaching styles, module content, is there any opportunity for placements or live client briefs? This could help you choose one university over the other.
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/courses/filmmaking-ba-hons-2023-24

Regarding BCU as a university, I can't fault my experience so far. The campus is close to the city centre, the staff are all lovely, and you have access to all the creative areas as long as you're inducted, which I think is great as you can try some new skills too. The library is one of my favourite places on campus as it's a great place to study and get some work done.
There's always plenty going on at BCU from freshers events to visiting speakers, societies and events at the student pub - The Eagle and Ball.

If you're still unsure about which university is right for you, maybe you can check out more information about the cities themselves and also student accommodation to see if they differ at all with what they offer. If you're wanting to hear more about the Filmmaking course itself, I would recommend emailing someone from the course and ask some more questions. I've linked one of the lecturers contacts below...
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/visual-communication/about-us/our-expertise/our-staff/matt-cusworth

I hope this helps.
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Original post by Stanhere
What's the digital film-making course at BCU like? I have an admission for both Teeside and BCU but I'm not sure which has the better filmmaking / media course. For those who have attended or are attending a film or media course at BCU, what has the experience like and would you recommend it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending