The Student Room Group

Shall I do 2 masters to validate my bad bachelor's degree?

Shall I do 2 masters to validate my bad bachelor's degree?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sharpyne
I'm a final year law undergrad studying in St.Andrews. I want to work in London for RBC Capital Markets. I know that with my ordinary 2:2 degree (not honours) I have no chance to get into RBC. I thought a good masters degree can better my chances since I'll be judged by my most recent grades. Then I realized I can't get into a reputable university with an ordinary 2:2 degree. So I thought I'll get a masters at a mid-level university (Leicester) and then make a jump to a reputable one (LSE or equivalent) after a year. While doing my masters at Warwick I'll apply to RBC. Also, I have a scholarship so not concerned about student debts.

Now I have a few questions.
1. Does this plan make sense?
2. Does RBC recruit students from mid-level universities?
3. Will LSE look at my recent master grades or my poor undergrad?
4. Is it any different in Canada or Germany?

Any help will be appreciated.

how can you be studying law at st andrews when it doesn't offer law...? RBC also visit St Andrews quite often, you'd be better speaking to one of their campus recruiters.
Why do you want to work at RBC specifically? That makes no sense.
I agree with Capricancer I don't understand how you can be studying law at St.Andrews without it being offered. That being said I know someone who got into RBC in London with a 2:2 because they have done exceptional things (co-founded a successful fintech start-up) alongside university) so you need to be able to justify the 2:2 and speak to recruiters/network with alumni on Linkedin there who went to your uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending