The Student Room Group

Bad invigilators

Hey guys, some of the invigilators at my college are terrible. One was actually on his mobile to his wife all through the exam and so completely ignored people who needed more paper etc. People have complained and the guy isn't invigilating anymore. I was just wondering if anybody else has had any bad invigilators? Any funny/bad stories?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We had one that chewed on her tongue really loudly all the time! it was offputting and looked rather odd...
In an exam last Januray the invigilators were talking really loudly to the kid behind me and they were going "ssssssssssshhhhhhh" every time anyone else told them to shut up.
There was one case when the invigilator (who also happened to be my literature teacher) kept examining my paper closely (I could hear him breathing) and trying to give me useless advise at a mock maths exam - He probably meant well but I would have preferred otherwise.
And I heard that there was a case where students were told they have 10 minutes left, only to realize after rushing to finish that they had 30+ more.
Reply 5
I've had the same thing and I'm in my final year at uni!! A girl was blatently cheating with a page full of notes and they never did anything about it, it's so annoying!
anlari
And I heard that there was a case where students were told they have 10 minutes left, only to realize after rushing to finish that they had 30+ more.

In my French Writing GCSE exam they tried to give us 30 minutes instead of 40...
Reply 7
Wearing heels that make a clicking noise? And walking up and down for the whole exam. Some people are just stupid!!
Reply 8
beckyboo777
Wearing heels that make a clicking noise? And walking up and down for the whole exam. Some people are just stupid!!

in my GCSE RE exam one had a bunch of keys and a pocket full of change walking up and down :redface:
I hate it when invigilators walk up and down the hall and suddenly stop at my desk and stare at me as I answer the paper. It makes me feel like I'm trying to cheat or something.
And at an SAT exam the invigilator walked out of the room several times for up to 10 minutes.

It was really funny, as soon as he left, everyone went back to the previous section which was time constraining, and there was this collective noise of rubbing paper
Reply 11
Concentrating there invigilating to those who are known to cheat etc and so ignoring those unlikely sorts who are so obviously cheating.

Id just like to point out that im in neither of these two categories.....Im a good girl. :smile:
My maths teacher would constantly walk up and down the hall, stopping and looking over the shoulder of everyone in our class. It was VERY off-putting.
Ooooh I also have an amusing story, the head of Maths was invigilating my Year 9 SATS exam, there were 2 columns of free tables near the door, and he went to sit on one, and the table fell through :biggrin:

He swiftly stood up and, rather than have a go at 80+ 14 year olds for laughing at him, he apologised for disturbing us!
Reply 14
i had a crap invigilator for my psychology exam yesterday, i was in the exam at 9 like supposed to and sat the exam and then today i had a lady storm up to me and screaming at me "why were you not in the exam? your in serious trouble"

and i was like oh my god i was in the exam and who the hell are you

she then made me wait in the exams office for agggeeeesssss until she finally found my exam. i was like ha told you i was in it!

she didnt even apologise! just because the invigilator didnt do a register, what a ****! and i have an unauthorised absence for that lesson which im going to be introuble for! grrr....
Reply 15
I had an invigilator for my mock exams when i was doing my gcse sociology, i didnt know the official meaning to a nuclear family, so i put my hand up and he came over and told me the wrong answer by accident.
Reply 16
Theres a (really nice) small room in our school used for exams (With really nice very comfy chairs) and it must be the easiest room in the world to cheat in - theres a HUGE bay window at the front, which the invidulators have their back to.
I've always wanted to park a van outside with loads of physics in big letters on the side during a physics exam and see what happens!

Besides that I've noticed a couple of people peering at my multiple choice answers during Mod4 Phys this month.
Reply 17
Ours fell asleep?
Reply 18
I've known some that even fall asleep, even when their the only invigilator in the room!
Had a fantastic AS level exam the other week, the examiners had got a tad confused about the papers people were sitting (re-sits) so gave people an hour as opposed to 45 minutes for their exam.
Then i was supposed to be doing two exams and they got very confused about that and then took half an hour to find my paper. I didn't really mind as i got to see everyone's reactions to getting 15 minutes more than they should of for an essay based examination. Some people didn't seem to realise so god knows how they managed to time themselves!

Quick Reply

Latest