The Student Room Group

Invigilator wouldn't leave me alone

So this all happened during my English Language paper 1 on Monday - probably the most time-constrained paper I've sat so far.

A few minutes into the exam and an invigilator comes up to me asking if I am using a gel pen. I don't think much of it and simply correct her mistake, but she then decided to whisper about it to the other invigilators for about 5 minutes right in front of me. She then returned to me and took the pen out of my hand, replacing it with another pen she got from the front. This pen was much more uncomfortable to write with and my hand was in so much pain at the end lol

This whole thing lasted about 8-10 minutes. I was completely distracted and off-task for that time, and by the end of the paper, I was about 5 minutes short of finishing the last question, probably losing me quite a few marks as I missed out an entire paragraph / ending to my story.

What, if anything, can I do about this? Am I being too picky or would this constitute some sort of punishment for the invigilator or reimbursement of marks?

Just posting this here because I thought it was a funny story, i don't care too much about English Lang but would be cool to know.
if you want you can complain to the exams office in your school
Original post by thestreets2952
So this all happened during my English Language paper 1 on Monday - probably the most time-constrained paper I've sat so far.

A few minutes into the exam and an invigilator comes up to me asking if I am using a gel pen. I don't think much of it and simply correct her mistake, but she then decided to whisper about it to the other invigilators for about 5 minutes right in front of me. She then returned to me and took the pen out of my hand, replacing it with another pen she got from the front. This pen was much more uncomfortable to write with and my hand was in so much pain at the end lol

This whole thing lasted about 8-10 minutes. I was completely distracted and off-task for that time, and by the end of the paper, I was about 5 minutes short of finishing the last question, probably losing me quite a few marks as I missed out an entire paragraph / ending to my story.

What, if anything, can I do about this? Am I being too picky or would this constitute some sort of punishment for the invigilator or reimbursement of marks?

Just posting this here because I thought it was a funny story, i don't care too much about English Lang but would be cool to know.

Were you using a gel pen?

Quick Reply

Latest