The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Law at Edinburgh

Law students at Edinburgh... can you tell me roughly what percentage of law students are Scottish?

I can’t decide if Edinburgh is right for me or not. I’m Scottish myself and have heard that Edinburgh is mainly English students.... worried I won’t fit in!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
I can't answer your question exactly but I asked an Edinburgh law student I know if her friends on the course were mainly Scottish, English or International and her answer was Scottish so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

Original post by Laurengrant1
Law students at Edinburgh... can you tell me roughly what percentage of law students are Scottish?

I can’t decide if Edinburgh is right for me or not. I’m Scottish myself and have heard that Edinburgh is mainly English students.... worried I won’t fit in!
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Laurengrant1

Original post by animalmagic
I can't answer your question exactly but I asked an Edinburgh law student I know if her friends on the course were mainly Scottish, English or International and her answer was Scottish so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

I can sort of 'second' this. I have lectures in the law building (I'm studying CompSci) and the accents of most of the people coming out of a law lecture were Scottish. Not the most scientific way of describing things but it's better than not having a reply for so long.

Scots Law is taught (obviously), so that's probably why you won't get LOADS of English students coming over.
Thank you so much!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Thank you!
Original post by Blue_Cow
I can sort of 'second' this. I have lectures in the law building (I'm studying CompSci) and the accents of most of the people coming out of a law lecture were Scottish. Not the most scientific way of describing things but it's better than not having a reply for so long.

Scots Law is taught (obviously), so that's probably why you won't get LOADS of English students coming over.
thank you! that’s such a help. I am sure I’ll get along fine with everyone regardless of where they come from anyway. Im just too comfortable in my little Scottish bubble!
Original post by animalmagic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending