The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB or Edinburgh for Law

Hey!
I’ve got offers from 5 UK schools but I’m mainly considering QUB and Edinburgh. And I’m not sure which to pick given the following considerations:

- Cost of living (way lower in Belfast than Edinburgh and I will be renting)
- Degree (QUB is honours degree in English Common Law, Edinburgh is Ordinary and Scots Law)
- Cost of tuition and fees (Edinburgh is over £4000 more expensive per semester, QUB has guaranteed a £4000 scholarship with their offer)
- Quality of school (Edinburgh is a way more reputable institution)

Belfast is more attractive as an international student with no parental financial contributions. Edinburgh is more attractive in terms of prestige, but I don’t know if the prestige is worth how much money ill be paying compared to QUB.
I wouldn’t get too hung up over prestige of the university. A lot of people do this and over complicate things. Both of these institutions are good universities. It sounds like QUB is better in terms of finances, especially considering the scholarship!

Think about which area appeals to you more, what societies each uni has, percentage of employment after the degree, student satisfaction etc. And look at what modules each uni offers with the degree
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by Squiggles1238
I wouldn’t get too hung up over prestige of the university. A lot of people do this and over complicate things. Both of these institutions are good universities. It sounds like QUB is better in terms of finances, especially considering the scholarship!

Think about which area appeals to you more, what societies each uni has, percentage of employment after the degree, student satisfaction etc. And look at what modules each uni offers with the degree

That’s good to hear, I’m Canadian and just wanted to make sure I wasnt being stupid considering QUB over Edinburgh, so that’s very reassuring! Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending