The Student Room Group

Lying in application

My college application mentions "has the student been involved in serious misconduct"

I have been excluded for a week for setting off the fire alarm. Do i need to put that on my application or can i just leave it? Would they communicate with school and find out?
Personally, I wouldn't classify setting off the fire alarm as "serious misconduct".

Were you messing around with a group of mates when it happened, or did you plan it and do it by yourself, deliberately?

There's a chance your school might mention it in your reference, it depends how forgiving they are. Was it a while ago? Have you generally had a good relationship with your teachers since?
Reply 2
I just rememberd i got a reference from my form teacher and she didnt mention my exclusion:colone:
If it was just a harmless prank then you should be fine. Setting off an alarm is very different from being caught cheating in an exam, for example.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
if it was just a harmless prank then you should be fine. Setting off an alarm is very different from being caught cheating in an exam, for example.

its the exclusion

Quick Reply

Latest