The Student Room Group

UCAS employment section

If i work, and i mean a genuine part-time job I do regularly. Could I still add it onto my UCAS application even if I haven't given my NI number? I've been there for just under a year.
Original post by _fafa233
If i work, and i mean a genuine part-time job I do regularly. Could I still add it onto my UCAS application even if I haven't given my NI number? I've been there for just under a year.

If you like, yes. It's primarily aimed at applicants who aren't applying to uni directly after having left school / college - i.e. mature students. However, it'll do no harm for you to enter details of your part-time work over the last year or so.
Reply 2
Honestly - Unis are not that bothered if you are a school-leaver, but yes you can enter it if you want to.
If you’re over 16 and working you should have an NI number. Are your employers not declaring your pay to HMRC?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you’re over 16 and working you should have an NI number. Are your employers not declaring your pay to HMRC?

Nah theyre not. Its a cash-in-hand job but I've spoken about it in my personal statement so im just a bit worried its gonna look like im lying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending