The Student Room Group

How do I go from Nottingham economics uni to investment banking?

like how? detail a plan for me pls
Original post by veeraxox
like how? detail a plan for me pls

like everyone else (and the countless people who get in from notts across many subjects every year):

build CV, network, practice online tests, apply. if you get interviews/ACs, prep for them and pass them. really not rocket science - be comfortable with rejection considering 50-100+ people are applying for that same spot you are.

but with the attitude that you showed in your other thread.. re: calling notts econ ****, I'm doubtful of your resilience and determination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)
Stop asking the same question over and over. You got your answer the first time, what are you trying to achieve by asking another 10 times?
Reply 3
I am not asking the same q over and over
I am not asking the same q over and over

But you are. It also seems like you aren’t that interested in IB but rather how to get rich/famous.

You need to use your own initiative to figure out how to get from point A to point B. You haven’t even started uni so you’ve loads of time but if I were you I’d drop the whole ‘woe is me’ routine quickly, it won’t get you very far
Reply 5
Why wont woe is me routine get u far
Why wont woe is me routine get u far

Because no one wants to work with someone who feels sorry for themselves all day and complains that life is unfair.
Reply 7
Why?
Yeah...no
Original post by Princepieman
like everyone else (and the countless people who get in from notts across many subjects every year):

build CV, network, practice online tests, apply. if you get interviews/ACs, prep for them and pass them. really not rocket science - be comfortable with rejection considering 50-100+ people are applying for that same spot you are.

but with the attitude that you showed in your other thread.. re: calling notts econ ****, I'm doubtful of your resilience and determination.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi.

What sort of things look good on a CV to an investment bank?
Ha. Good luck
Original post by Kirarater
Hi.

What sort of things look good on a CV to an investment bank?

insight days at banks in sixth form/at uni, work experience (any but if you can get relevant experience that's fine), leadership examples, extracurricular involvement, good uni, good grades etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
insight days at banks in sixth form/at uni, work experience (any but if you can get relevant experience that's fine), leadership examples, extracurricular involvement, good uni, good grades etc

Should the insight days (about the firm we are applying to) attended at uni be mentioned on a CV (ie networking open days etc)? Or only to fill any empty space on the CV?
Original post by xtrembob
Should the insight days (about the firm we are applying to) attended at uni be mentioned on a CV (ie networking open days etc)? Or only to fill any empty space on the CV?

if you had to apply for it, don't see why not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Read all the threads started by this user for top bants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending