The Student Room Group

Intercalation at Kings or Imperial

Hey there all!

I am a third year Medical student at the university of Keele. I have applied to study IBSC cardiovascular sciences at imperial and Neuroscience at Kings. The only problem is that my overall Average grade in all the science module is only 68.5% ( Passed all first time), i am worried that this is not a competitive score, and that the university may simply turn a blind eye on it. During the first Two years i really wasnt free of mind ( Lots of family and relationship problems) all i really wanted was just a pass. ( there were a lot of hard exams, with pass marks being around 43%.

I was wondering if there is someone out there who has intercalated and has some insight into how competitive the courses are at these institutions. Any responses is highly appreciated.

Thank you!
Original post by Joking111
Hey there all!

I am a third year Medical student at the university of Keele. I have applied to study IBSC cardiovascular sciences at imperial and Neuroscience at Kings. The only problem is that my overall Average grade in all the science module is only 68.5% ( Passed all first time), i am worried that this is not a competitive score, and that the university may simply turn a blind eye on it. During the first Two years i really wasnt free of mind ( Lots of family and relationship problems) all i really wanted was just a pass. ( there were a lot of hard exams, with pass marks being around 43%.

I was wondering if there is someone out there who has intercalated and has some insight into how competitive the courses are at these institutions. Any responses is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

I believe they will look at your rank rather than the mark. 68.5% on its own means nothing. If you want past competition figures, it's probably best to ask the university directly of past cut-offs for this sort of thing, if there are any.
Does anyone know what date we can expect to hear back from Kings about our application? I also applied to do an intercalated degree there next year
Reply 5
Original post by JMJ_1996
Does anyone know what date we can expect to hear back from Kings about our application? I also applied to do an intercalated degree there next year

Hi there!

I am not sure how long it takes for kings to reply. I am assuming it’s between mid to late March. However, i have received a message from the university asking me to narrow down my pathway option of the module( I applied for Neuroscience). I had to pick between a Laboratory, neuropsychology and Library based research project. For what intercalation module have you applied for? Have you also applied to other institutions?
I'm a current 5th year at imperial so did my Bsc last year. I didn't do cardio but it was VERY competitive in our year, though not the most competetive
Original post by Joking111
Hi there!

I am not sure how long it takes for kings to reply. I am assuming it’s between mid to late March. However, i have received a message from the university asking me to narrow down my pathway option of the module( I applied for Neuroscience). I had to pick between a Laboratory, neuropsychology and Library based research project. For what intercalation module have you applied for? Have you also applied to other institutions?

Really even before they have given you an offer? I have applied for women’s health. Also to imperial
Reply 8
Original post by Theherp123
I'm a current 5th year at imperial so did my Bsc last year. I didn't do cardio but it was VERY competitive in our year, though not the most competetive

Oh god that’s daunting... i do have a publication ( journal inpact factor >7.67) and a lot of experience in the laboratory. I do hope my application has some chance, despite having an okish grade. What was the most competitive course at imperial? If i don’t get accepted, i would like to do endocrinology. I know; strange that i picked neuroscience at kings and opposite modules at imperial. Do you think i stand a chance at all?
Reply 9
Original post by JMJ_1996
Really even before they have given you an offer? I have applied for women’s health. Also to imperial

I know it’s strange. Well i do hope you get accepted on to the course at the institution

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending