The Student Room Group

University of Portsmouth or University of Southampton?

I currently live in Portsmouth. I have applied for biomedical science, and recieved offers. I'm going to change it to biochemistry or biology though.

Which university is better in terms of a) societies, b) expenses (I'll be moving into an en suite category 1 if I choose Soton), c) campus atmosphere, d) how nice the city is etc. I'm mainly concerned with comparing the societies and the course.

Is the biochemistry course better at Uni of Portsmouth or Uni of Southampton? E.g. which one currently has enthusiastic teachers? Which one has better graduate prospects? The graduate prospects seem fairly similar to me, from looking on the gov website, which is strange because Southampton is a Russel Group uni, so it has more funds for research.

Thank you for your help!
Original post by jas19
I currently live in Portsmouth. I have applied for biomedical science, and recieved offers. I'm going to change it to biochemistry or biology though.

Which university is better in terms of a) societies, b) expenses (I'll be moving into an en suite category 1 if I choose Soton), c) campus atmosphere, d) how nice the city is etc. I'm mainly concerned with comparing the societies and the course.

Is the biochemistry course better at Uni of Portsmouth or Uni of Southampton? E.g. which one currently has enthusiastic teachers? Which one has better graduate prospects? The graduate prospects seem fairly similar to me, from looking on the gov website, which is strange because Southampton is a Russel Group uni, so it has more funds for research.

Thank you for your help!

Russell group means nothing for undergrads as you have seen as grad prospects are similar. Pick the uni with the more interesting course. You can find students here and things like expenses can be found on the websites.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending