The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni - Best Gym with the most equipment.

Hi guys.
I will be starting my undergraduate degree this september and am about two yeara into body building.
I have not had the chance to look around hull for their best gyms but the gym at lawns looked lack luster to say the least.
My question is - Where is the best gym around the hull uni campus?
I'm also hoping to join a gym while at uni, I heard that they're building a new one or something and it's supposed to be a decent. I might join that, someone told me on the open day that its gonna be next to the courtyard.

- Matt
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Ah nice one, I have just confirmed my accommodation in block E at The Courtyard so that would be awesome if it is as close as you say. Really hoping it is well equipped as I am used to using PureGyms where they have a good range of apparatus. most important piece of equipment for is is the cable machines to do cross-overs. I need all the help I can get when it comes to chest gains! Hopefully the dumbells go heavier than just 30kg too :/
Haha sick bro, I'm literally just starting out, I gotta work on my beach body lol, for my trip to Kavos in the summer :gasp: and yeah I'm in H block I think 3rd floor at The Courtyard.
Reply 4
Haha haven't given yourself much time then. Best tips if you're a hard gainer would be to cut out sugar unless you feel depleted (stops you from ruining your appetite), up your calories, and work your ass off with the best form you can do on every exercise (don't rush any movements, focus on feeling the contraction of the muscle you want to work). If you need to get into shape quick focus in compound exercises and add in isolation exercises for shoulders and calves👍
Reply 5
Anyways besides that, might see you around, i'll be studying Mechanical Engineering with a foundation year 👌
Gonna try and find the forum section for when everyone gets in cotact with who they're sharing floors/blocks with. Wont be doing that for another couple of months though

Quick Reply

Latest