The Student Room Group

Am I taking a risk going for a Biotechnology degree with BCC results?(A-Level)

For A-level, I got B C C in Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics respectively. I recently got accepted to a college in Canada for a 4-year Honours degree(Biotechnology). My parents will spend a HUGE sum of money for it. Am I taking a risk? I mean with those A-level grades, I am afraid that I will not have the intelligence to do the degree.
Original post by Draven013
For A-level, I got B C C in Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics respectively. I recently got accepted to a college in Canada for a 4-year Honours degree(Biotechnology). My parents will spend a HUGE sum of money for it. Am I taking a risk? I mean with those A-level grades, I am afraid that I will not have the intelligence to do the degree.

If they have accepted you they aren't worried so if it's what you want to study go for it.
If they have accepted you, they obviously see potential.
Reply 3
Do iiiiit!!!! The experience living abroad will be worth it never mind the degree! Which uni is it?
Reply 4
Original post by Andymh
Do iiiiit!!!! The experience living abroad will be worth it never mind the degree! Which uni is it?

It is in Canada. I got accepted to a university called University of Prince Edward Island(UPEI) and another one called Fanshawe College. I choose Fanshawe College because it proposes 4-year honours degree(needed to pursue masters). upei does not propose honour specifically for biotechnology yet. I also wanted to apply for Carleton university but it is too expensive for me; approximately 25 000 CAD per year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending