The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Mathematics: Core Mathematics C4 6666 01 - 22 June 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by roseprincessx
everybody ready?

still got differential equations and vectors to go then need to smash some past papers
Reply 61
Can anyone explain vectors for someone who has literally no idea?
Original post by cw7600

Watch the exam solutions tutorials. They help a lot :smile:
Original post by shahzeb__m
still got differential equations and vectors to go then need to smash some past papers

Same! I’m doing the exam solutions exam questions by topic then imma smash about 10 past papers
Can someone please explain this to me? (this is not relevant to the question in the screenshot btw) I integrated between t=-1 and t=2 to find out the area under the curve that is not the loop and then I integrated between t=-2 and t=-1 to find the area above the curve that is not the loop. how come one is not the negative value of the other? surely they are symmetrical??
Reply 65
Original post by cw7600

Theres quite a lot. I’d recommend watching Hegarty Maths Vectors if you know absolutely nothing. Then straight after do Past Paper Vector Chapter.
Reply 66
Original post by cw7600

I made a guide here but I'm not sure how useful it will be to you if you have no idea.
hi can someone explain how -5ln(2/3)-2ln(5/3)+5ln(5/6)+2ln(4/3)= ln(125/64)
Reply 68
Original post by shahzeb__m
Do we need to know that the integral of 1/(x^2 + 1) is tan^-1 x or nah

we may need to derive the derivative of arctan but i dont think we need to know either off by heart
Reply 69
Original post by 123medicine
hi can someone explain how -5ln(2/3)-2ln(5/3)+5ln(5/6)+2ln(4/3)= ln(125/64)

start by putting all of the multipliers as exponents and then use log rules of addition/subtraction to multiply/divide
What is the hardest edexcel C4 paper in everyone's opinion?
@Notnek could you please help me? I am really stuck. sorry to bother you
Original post by Iconic_panda
Can someone please explain this to me? (this is not relevant to the question in the screenshot btw) I integrated between t=-1 and t=2 to find out the area under the curve that is not the loop and then I integrated between t=-2 and t=-1 to find the area above the curve that is not the loop. how come one is not the negative value of the other? surely they are symmetrical??
Reply 72
Original post by Iconic_panda

Between t=-1 and t=2, x ranges from -1 to 3, which includes the loop. So I'm not sure if you're considering the correct area?

I'm also confused why you're finding this area and not the area of the loop directly.
hey,
I find rates with differentiation quite hard ! I don't know how you would form an equation, after forming the equation i can get it. Anyone have any tips for this topic ? :frown:
Original post by nisha.sri
hey,
I find rates with differentiation quite hard ! I don't know how you would form an equation, after forming the equation i can get it. Anyone have any tips for this topic ? :frown:

Exam solutions videos on that topic really helped me out. So you can try that as well. Good luck.
DO you guys think the paper tomorrow will be harder than c3?? I really need to boost my grade up
Reply 76
Original post by nisha.sri
hey,

Hi,
Try using the units in the question to help. So for instance if they say the flow of something is cm^3s^-1, that must be dv/dt. if it was cm squared, then that might be dA/dt etc
umm when t=-1, x=0 so I think it doesnt include the loop.
and I was just trying to integrate to see if two areas have the same magnitude, nothing to do with original question :redface:
actually never mind I doubt it would come up anyways, thanks though!
Original post by Notnek
Between t=-1 and t=2, x ranges from -1 to 3, which includes the loop. So I'm not sure if you're considering the correct area?

I'm also confused why you're finding this area and not the area of the loop directly.
(edited 5 years ago)
Capture.PNG

How do you do part B
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 79
Please can someone help with this with steps, after bio, Chem and C3 this week my brain doesn’t want to work anymore

Find the coefficient of x^2 in the expansion of (1-x-x^2)^0.5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending