The Student Room Group

Absolutely terrified of leaving school?

So I want to go to my current sixth form because it’s the best option for me, the teachers know me, I know the place well and it’s the easiest to get to. However, I’m in year 11 and have 2 months left of school and as much as I complain I want to leave, the closer it gets I really, really don’t want to. It’s like my safety net, Ive been here nearly everyday apart from half terms for 5 years now. And I’m scared. Everyone says how awful a levels are, how awful having a job is, how awful being an adult and responsibility is, what age am I truly going to be happy?
Life is what you make of it. I throughly enjoy college, it’s so much better than school. If you are used to independent learning you will do fine, most of my friends who aren’t struggled a bit. If high school lasted forever you would hate it.
I was in this exact same position last june! I cried for hours the day before my last exam because i just couldn’t imagine myself being able to cope without my safety net of having somewhere safe to be all week, with my friends and teachers around me whenever i needed them. I ended up having the best summer holidays ever, its miles longer than any break you’ve had from school in at least 10 years, everyone has parties and there will be tons of opportunities to go back to school, especially if you are going back for sixth form as there will be taster days and enrollment etc... it will be over before you know it and there is more support out there other than school so theres really no need to struggle, make the most of it because it will be the last taste of freedom before a levels and working, which im not going to lie to you are so much harder than anything you’re used to at the minute! But at the same time, theyre manageable so dont worry about anything!

Quick Reply

Latest