The Student Room Group

Revision HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPP

I'm a predicted 7 student all round but am worried about my revision.i haven't started it yet and when it comes to mind i cannot be bothered.when i try i pick up a laptop and go online.5 mins later, i'm playing games. i don't have a great revision environment and there's nothing that can be done about it. i need help but don't know where to turn or what advice to accept. My mind is going to fall apart. any adivice would be considered. thanks

*i can't write notes or flashcards but can use other ones instead. i pretty much loathe my own work and undermine myself thinking about it.
Reply 1
For this i can offer a couple of web adresses that may be able to help you, for maths there is:
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/gcse.html
http://mrbartonmaths.com/topics/brackets/expanding-single-brackets/
Both of these offer maths questions, games, solutions. They both cover the grade 7 you are looking for.
Also what aspect of your own work do you "Loathe", is it the style, quality or something else.

Tom @THS
Reply 2
Buy revision books such as CGP so you don't have to go online as much or at least read from your books first only after that do your online revision so if you get distracted online you would at least have done some revision first.
Reply 3
its really the fact that when i try to write notes, i write too much and then if i shorten it, ill understand what it is but wont come to later on.
my handwriting is tiny. and tiny is an understatement. if i try to write big my writing starts to get really scruffy to the point where i cant or anyone else cant read it.
Reply 4
i've tried cgp and all other manners of books. but i cant get a sensible study place, as im trying to balance being oldest and taking responsibility for all of my siblings (a lot in total) and revising at the same time.( right now my mums on vacation and my dad gets home quite late, and hes also quite old so it wouldn't really be good to drop all the load on him)
What I do is give my technology to family members and tell them not to give them back until I go to bed or something like that. I revise with a physical revision guide, making flashcards etc.
Original post by hnk3840
I'm a predicted 7 student all round but am worried about my revision.i haven't started it yet and when it comes to mind i cannot be bothered.when i try i pick up a laptop and go online.5 mins later, i'm playing games. i don't have a great revision environment and there's nothing that can be done about it. i need help but don't know where to turn or what advice to accept. My mind is going to fall apart. any adivice would be considered. thanks

*i can't write notes or flashcards but can use other ones instead. i pretty much loathe my own work and undermine myself thinking about it.

#I do a total of 15 hours (possibly more) of revision a week!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest