The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision

I Have recently found This website from a school teacher and I would like to aşk about the best ways to revise wether it online or on paper
Original post by SamuelCrudston
I Have recently found This website from a school teacher and I would like to aşk about the best ways to revise wether it online or on paper

Is the website called GCSE revision? If so I haven't really heard of it.

I usually revise using online flashcards (specifically my own on StudySmarter), practise questions, mind maps and past papers. I find my own revision resources the most useful as I can tailor them to my own needs.
Reply 2
Original post by SamuelCrudston

Honestly I think it depends on the person for how you choose to revise. When I was revising for my GCSEs this year I made sure I did a large part of revision on paper (such as writing up essays for English Lit or History) so that I could practice writing at a good pace for exams, and I also did this so that I could bring any revision notes (e.g. flashcards, essay plans, mindmaps, or literally just notes) to school if I needed/wanted to. Despite this, I also typed a lot of my revision on my laptop or phone as it was much faster for me to go over certain topics and make notes on them and I found that typing an answer out before practicing writing it up was easier for me.

If you're looking for revision resources online I would recommend looking for past papers and exam questions for the subjects that you're doing, just make sure you check which exam board your subjects are a part of. YouTube is also really useful for revision for subjects like Science and in my school we watched videos from https://www.youtube.com/@Freesciencelessons and https://www.youtube.com/@Cognitoedu but those videos are mostly for AQA Science so I'm not sure they'd be that useful if you're with a different exam board.

However, there are so many ways to revise online and I would ask your teachers for the best resources to use for your specific subjects. Ultimately, try and choose revision methods that are best for you and pay attention in lessons leading up to GCSEs. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest