The Student Room Group

year 11 revision...

When should I revise and at what times for gcses 2021

as i want to revise for my upcoming exams for TAGs?

i do not know why i do not have no motivation to revise i was always leave it at the last miniute?
You need to find out what revision style suits you and what time is best for you to revise.

Are you good at making notes, creating resources, attending after-school revision or watching revision videos? How do you learn best?

A top tip for revision and developing your answers is reading high-level responses to exam questions - you can find these by googling them and practise responses to questions, give them to your teacher to mark and work on their feedback.

Also, work out what you need to revise. It’s no good revising what you already know.

Can you get into a study group with like minded friends?

Follow people on social media who give revision tips and tricks.
Original post by loraa11

i do not know why i do not have no motivation to revise i was always leave it at the last miniute?

To be honest, it’s depends when your GCSEs are. Mine start in the week beginning 26th of April, so I’m revising now (currently doing 2hrs a day), but if they’re later I would still start around now- highlight the areas that you struggle with the most and work on those first. When I get stressed about exams it gives me the incentive to revise but you have to want to do well for the revision to be effective?
I would start revising straight away.
i haven’t done any revision!! i literally have no motivation because our school isn’t doing mocks or anything just mini assessments at the end of each lesson.
Original post by loraa11

I would start revision now.

I found a good way was to turn notes into flashcards. This way you have these available when you fancy doing some revision. This could be as little as 10 mins but it will be effective. I even used flashcards in my lessons rather than notepads/books.

I would recommend doing short bursts of revision. Stop when you are feeling good and motivated. It sounds strange but this way you will associate revision to this positive feeling rather than overloading yourself and seeing revision as a bad thing.

Try it out and let me know how it goes
Original post by student01room
I would start revision now.

I found a good way was to turn notes into flashcards. This way you have these available when you fancy doing some revision. This could be as little as 10 mins but it will be effective. I even used flashcards in my lessons rather than notepads/books.

I would recommend doing short bursts of revision. Stop when you are feeling good and motivated. It sounds strange but this way you will associate revision to this positive feeling rather than overloading yourself and seeing revision as a bad thing.

Try it out and let me know how it goes

I agree- also putting questions on one side and answers on the other means youre practicing and actively learning :smile:
Original post by loraa11

It really depends on how much you like your subjects. English, Maths pass is a MUST. I can help you with motivation and revision tactics. But lmk if you want some help. I also left my GCSEs to the last minute but I’ve learned from my mistakes.
Original post by loraa11

Most start Easter holidays of year 11 but I recommend earlier to take off the pressure x
Reply 9
my computig teacher did not teach me one thing so I was left all alone in year 11, what I did was I bought a computing revision note passport with all the info and learnt that- i learned everything from it and it was so helpful- I got an A* (grade 9) in that subject- does anyone want the link to it?

Quick Reply

Latest