The Student Room Group

failing alevel mocks

someone pls help with full honesty.
I'm doing alevel bio , chem and psychology and I get Us and Es and I've been revising for hours but still fail. pls tell me what to do I'm literally struggling so bad.
What are you doing to revise? It won’t help if you’re spending ages revising in ways that don’t actually get the information and techniques into your head. Revision is about quality even more than quantity.
What techniques have you been using? Then people can give you advice on how to change what you’re doing to improve your grades.
Original post by stfu2555
I'm doing alevel bio , chem and psychology and I get Us and Es and I've been revising for hours but still fail. pls tell me what to do I'm literally struggling so bad.

Hi @stfu2555,

Which revision techniques have you been attempting? I've noticed that sometimes revising for hours upon hours does me no good either. Cramming too much information at once could turn out more ineffective than doing any good. I recommend that you read through your specification points and work alongside them. Your specification tells you exactly what you need to know for your exam, nothing more and nothing less. Go through it in chronological order topic by topic. Revise the content and try attempt topical past papers after you've revised.

If you're a bit unfamiliar with revision techniques, you can read up more here on our website: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl
I use the pomodoro technique and blurting to revise and it does me lots of good.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by stfu2555

Just do loads of past papers and revise the topics which you did badly on and if you have enough time repeat doing past papers until you get a high grade in them until you move onto the next.

Quick Reply

Latest