The Student Room Group

Need History, ancestry help

I have been doing my family tree on and off for 15 years now and i am back to the 10th century. My ancestors are the Beauchamp family living in and around Emely Castle, Warwck Castle and Richard Beauchamp had the chapel at warwick castle built as per his will and he was a personal friend of King Henry V. He was also in charge of the guarding of joan of arc before she was burnt at the stake. Also the Wray family with Sir Thomas, Sir Christopher and Sir William in Glentworth, Lincs and Coverdale Abbey in yorkshire. with one of the Wrays been the chief speaker in the house of commons and a friend of Henry VIIII am looking to see if there are any students studying history ancestry that can help with information digging as it would seem the further back you go the less you understand the english language!!!
Original post by Dawn2820
I have been doing my family tree on and off for 15 years now and i am back to the 10th century. My ancestors are the Beauchamp family living in and around Emely Castle, Warwck Castle and Richard Beauchamp had the chapel at warwick castle built as per his will and he was a personal friend of King Henry V. He was also in charge of the guarding of joan of arc before she was burnt at the stake. Also the Wray family with Sir Thomas, Sir Christopher and Sir William in Glentworth, Lincs and Coverdale Abbey in yorkshire. with one of the Wrays been the chief speaker in the house of commons and a friend of Henry VIIII am looking to see if there are any students studying history ancestry that can help with information digging as it would seem the further back you go the less you understand the english language!!!

Students are in the exam period at the moment. Are you after someone ot do research for you or translation?

Do try and make use of local Historians, plus librarians. Does Warwick castle have its own Historian? Also unis with medieval history depts?
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Students are in the exam period at the moment. Are you after someone ot do research for you or translation?

Do try and make use of local Historians, plus librarians. Does Warwick castle have its own Historian? Also unis with medieval history depts?

Thanks. Warwick Castle has been taken over by Merlin Entertainments and seems impossible to be a response from them with regards to anything.
There was a tv program on about warwick Castle and it would seem Edward 1st had Guy Beaumont as a friend and confidant and then Edward 2nd took thrown and didn't really run anything as such and guy ended up beheading edward 2nd friend as he was leading edward down a wrong path. The beauchamps have more history at warwick than anyone else and most are buried within the chapel. They lived and worked alongside kings and queens for 4 to 5 centuries. The beauchamps seemed to filter down to the Wray family who were friend and confidants of henry 4th to 8th. They were given land and properties in Yorkshire Coverham Abbey and Glentowrth Castle in Lincolnshire

I am after someone who can translate/decipher what things mean more than anything
Thanks. Warwick Castle has been taken over by Merlin Entertainments and seems impossible to be a response from them with regards to anything.
There was a tv program on about warwick Castle and it would seem Edward 1st had Guy Beaumont as a friend and confidant and then Edward 2nd took thrown and didn't really run anything as such and guy ended up beheading edward 2nd friend as he was leading edward down a wrong path. The beauchamps have more history at warwick than anyone else and most are buried within the chapel. They lived and worked alongside kings and queens for 4 to 5 centuries. The beauchamps seemed to filter down to the Wray family who were friend and confidants of henry 4th to 8th. They were given land and properties in Yorkshire Coverham Abbey and Glentowrth Castle in Lincolnshire

I am after someone who can translate/decipher what things mean more than anything

Try the History department in the uni or for students
Local government or museums should have historians as well.

The Hist society has a medieval officer whatever that is.
https://www.warwicksu.com/societies/historySoc/
Reply 4
Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated. Perfect for what i need. Thanks Again

As someone who is interested in family history this thread has caught my eye. However, going back to the 10th century takes a lot of work - especially if going by the genealogical proof standard, so I would, naturally, question the credibility of your claim. Although, it is good to see someone else with an interest in family history and, hopefully, your research is up to scratch.

Unfortunately, I am too busy to be of help. Good luck with your quest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending