The Student Room Group

Please help! Help me with notes please.

My IAL As level exam is in less than 2 months. Can someone please give me their own physic, chemistry and biology notes? I don’t have time to prepare my own notes. Please help me.
(edited 6 years ago)
If you don’t have time to prepare your notes try working through exam papers question by question and marking your own work with the mark scheme.
You could look back at older exam papers too as I believe thy changed the courses a few years back.

You could also go through a couple of papers finding the model answers by making it an open book test.

Best of luck with your exams! You may not need loads of notes if you keep practicing with exam questions - that’s what I did - a couple of papers a week for each subject in front of the tv. You may find you learn the content well enough and also get practice with exam style.
Original post by NMauger96
If you don’t have time to prepare your notes try working through exam papers question by question and marking your own work with the mark scheme.
You could look back at older exam papers too as I believe thy changed the courses a few years back.

You could also go through a couple of papers finding the model answers by making it an open book test.

Best of luck with your exams! You may not need loads of notes if you keep practicing with exam questions - that’s what I did - a couple of papers a week for each subject in front of the tv. You may find you learn the content well enough and also get practice with exam style.

Hey thank you so much. I noticed it helps a lot when I go through past papers. But my concepts aren’t clear, I get stuck almost on every question. I panic a lot. So I was thinking of collecting some notes and reading through it. Then go on to solving papers.
(edited 6 years ago)
I wish I could help but I don’t have my A level notes.

Take a completed exam paper to your teacher and ask them where/why you go wrong.
Maybe you could go back and write notes on questions you got wrong and then go back and reanswer the question?
Reply 4
I have my notes softcopy. It is CIE A levels one. Err... not sure I should give you or not. My notes are atrocious for most people, the info is way too dense. P.s. I only have Chem and Physics as I take further maths.

Edit: Since you say IAL, I did not realise most likely it is Edexcel, so I don't think my notes will help you at all.
(edited 6 years ago)
What do you mean you don't have time. 2 months is a long time. If you go to sleep at 11pm and wake at 7am that will provide you with the 8 hrs sleep that you need. Between that you have 16hrs. If you take school away which is usually 6-7 hrs than you have 9 hrs left. Alright suppose you spend 2 hrs communting to school you still have 7 hrs. Maybe you take 1 hr to eat. You have 6 hrs. OK so if I were you I would divide that up to 3 hrs taking notes and 2 hrs solving quesitons. I would take a break of ten minutes betwen each hour. if you find 6hrs too strenuous you could spend a smaller amount of time but increase the efficiency if each hour.
Original post by asianism
What do you mean you don't have time. 2 months is a long time. If you go to sleep at 11pm and wake at 7am that will provide you with the 8 hrs sleep that you need. Between that you have 16hrs. If you take school away which is usually 6-7 hrs than you have 9 hrs left. Alright suppose you spend 2 hrs communting to school you still have 7 hrs. Maybe you take 1 hr to eat. You have 6 hrs. OK so if I were you I would divide that up to 3 hrs taking notes and 2 hrs solving quesitons. I would take a break of ten minutes betwen each hour. if you find 6hrs too strenuous you could spend a smaller amount of time but increase the efficiency if each hour.

That is too much
No one should be studying at every given minute.
People need and deserve breaks to prevent getting too stressed and to unwind. The information won’t sink in at all if you study constantly.
2-3h a day 5-6 times a week is plenty.

I’d suggest 2h each day after college. Attend any and all revision sessions offered at college (even if you sit and do private study - it’s time allocated to learn in a good environment).
On Saturdays maybe do a couple of hours in the morning, have a break - go for a walk, bake, watch tv, go out with friends for lunch - do 3h in the afternoon taking regular breaks every 30-45min (even if it’s just to play with a dog or do a lap of the house!), have dinner and relax.
Have Sundays off to rest, relax, spend time with friends and family.
There’s no need to study all day everyday as it’s too much and you’ll burn out.

Two months is long enough to learn the topics but space out learning/revision!!

Good luck!
Original post by _JB_
I have my notes softcopy. It is CIE A levels one. Err... not sure I should give you or not. My notes are atrocious for most people, the info is way too dense. P.s. I only have Chem and Physics as I take further maths.

Edit: Since you say IAL, I did not realise most likely it is Edexcel, so I don't think my notes will help you at all.

Can You give them? Can I see? It will be very helpful.
Original post by NMauger96
That is too much
No one should be studying at every given minute.
People need and deserve breaks to prevent getting too stressed and to unwind. The information won’t sink in at all if you study constantly.
2-3h a day 5-6 times a week is plenty.

I’d suggest 2h each day after college. Attend any and all revision sessions offered at college (even if you sit and do private study - it’s time allocated to learn in a good environment).
On Saturdays maybe do a couple of hours in the morning, have a break - go for a walk, bake, watch tv, go out with friends for lunch - do 3h in the afternoon taking regular breaks every 30-45min (even if it’s just to play with a dog or do a lap of the house!), have dinner and relax.
Have Sundays off to rest, relax, spend time with friends and family.
There’s no need to study all day everyday as it’s too much and you’ll burn out.

Two months is long enough to learn the topics but space out learning/revision!!

Good luck!

Thank you.💕
My exams are in a month 😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending