The Student Room Group

What factors explain the rise of nationalism in the nineteenth century?

I cannot find a lot of information about this question and I'm struggling a little.

If anyone can suggest anything it would be immensely helpful.

Napoleon & the French Revolution are my main point, but I found contradicting information regarding the link with Enlightenment.

Some sources have suggested the Enlightenment was not linked with early nationalism?
Original post by eleanorlrh
I cannot find a lot of information about this question and I'm struggling a little.

If anyone can suggest anything it would be immensely helpful.

Napoleon & the French Revolution are my main point, but I found contradicting information regarding the link with Enlightenment.

Some sources have suggested the Enlightenment was not linked with early nationalism?

I'm curious about why you can't find much information. I put your thread title into google and found lots of useful sites...
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
I'm curious about why you can't find much information. I put your thread title into google and found lots of useful sites...

I can't/don't want to reference websites for my uni essay.

You asked only for information, not books or journal articles. However, if you look at the references and quotations given in information on websites, they should lead you to further sources if that's what you want.

Maybe not, but they can point you to suitable points of reference and further reading which you can refer to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending