The Student Room Group

Are past papers still relevant

Are past papers still relevant with the new 9-1 spec? I am trying to help my nephew and I've read so many times that past papers are your friend but is that still the case for 2018? I don't want to print them off and then find he's not going to gain anything from them. Also is it too late to grasp things you've struggled with or is it better to perfect the topics you're strongest on. Thanks
The way exam boards will ask questions will be in a similar style. They'll definitely help him in terms of getting used to how the questions are asked.
In terms of content - some of it will be relevant but some subjects have introduced extra content - maths for example.

These exam papers will definitely help your nephew feel more prepared for when his exams actually do come in a couple of months.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's great to get a more experienced point of view, it's a long time since I sat my GCSE exams! I think it's so much harder for them because of the phones, internet and gaming distractions.

Quick Reply

Latest