The Student Room Group

A level politics edexcel

what are the best resources for revising A level politics edexcel?
(Are there any good youtube videos?)
Reply 1

i absolutely adore quizlet - that's my main go to

for the ideologies, i tend to look at essay plans - ask your teacher for some but there are loads on line which i find really helpful

the news is your best friend during a levels, any little thing that comes up which is relevant to the course looks very good in an essay

in terms of videos, has your school signed up to pre chewed politics?

learning academy youtube channel is also very good!

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by aloevera4

for the ideologies, i tend to look at essay plans - ask your teacher for some but there are loads on line which i find really helpful

the news is your best friend during a levels, any little thing that comes up which is relevant to the course looks very good in an essay

Thank you very much! This is very helpful, we have got prechewed politics. Do you think the videos and questions are the best way to revise for tests, or is it better to watch the videos and look at past papers?
Reply 3
Original post by j.b123
Thank you very much! This is very helpful, we have got prechewed politics. Do you think the videos and questions are the best way to revise for tests, or is it better to watch the videos and look at past papers?

i'm glad i could help! the videos are amazing so yes always watch those. personally, i prefer to do the questions, because they give you a deeper understanding of the topic, whereas past papers don't really.
I tend to use past papers the week before the test to make sure that all the knowledge + facts i got from Prechewed are still in my mind 🙂
Reply 4
Original post by aloevera4

do you make your own quizlet or use pre-made? Is one more productive(have always found studying them helps, but making them only slows me down)
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by j.b123
do you make your own quizlet or use pre-made? Is one more productive(have always found studying them helps, but making them only slows me down)

i always prefer to make my own quizlets because i trust myself more than i trust other people's knowledge, haha. the best part about making my own quizlets is that it forces me to go over what i don't understand - when i use other people's, i feel like i just recite + regurgitate tricky topics, rather than attempt to get what they mean.

however, in truth, making my own quizlets doesn't do very much in terms of memory - i don't think i'm more likely to remember my own quizlets compared to someone else.

basically, if you think that using other people's quizlets are best for you, then continue doing that! i think the only reason why other people make their own quizlets is because they get to choose what to put on them, what to remember, and how to lay out the flashcards

Quick Reply

Latest