The Student Room Group

Which GCSE exam are you most looking forward to and which are you most worried about?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by s.m30
Business - On mock tests done in class I can comfortably get 90%+, it's pretty easy for me and 99% is just common sense. (to me.)

Maths/ Italian- on recent mocks I scraped 5's and NEED a 6/7 in the real exam.

Perhaps everyone can help each other with the subjects? If someones good at maths and mfl, help me and if anyone needs help with any of these subjects, feel free to ask me anything:

Business
History
Sociology
English Lang
English Lit
RS

:tongue:

i can help you with maths ive got a* last year and i am worried about english literature, english lang and history
Original post by Goldfish4343
R.S - Edexcel Short Course is so easy! A little bit of weekend revision should hopefully guarantee me a 7 considering barely anyone seems to revise and apparently schools taught to the wrong topic for Peace and Conflict (Paper 2)

Chemistry - I want to do this at A Level but I am really worried about how hard the paper will be especially paper 2. That has so much harder stuff to it, but at least global warming should balance the fear out (I do global warming in so many subjects).

looking forward to: maths, computer science, business
not looking forward to: maths, computer science, chemistry, physics, biology (for the sole reason these are my potential a level choices so if i don't do good then i'll just be devastated)
dreading: english lit, english lang, history (3 of my LEAST favourite subjects. i absolutely hate them)
Original post by cemsu
i can help you with maths ive got a* last year and i am worried about english literature, english lang and history

DM me and we can get some ideas going. What boards are you for those subjects? (For maths I am AQA.)
Reply 23
Original post by s.m30
DM me and we can get some ideas going. What boards are you for those subjects? (For maths I am AQA.)

my exam boards are edexcel
Original post by s.m30
Business - On mock tests done in class I can comfortably get 90%+, it's pretty easy for me and 99% is just common sense. (to me.)

Perhaps everyone can help each other with the subjects? If someones good at maths and mfl, help me and if anyone needs help with any of these subjects, feel free to ask me anything:

Business
History
Sociology
English Lang
English Lit
RS

What exam board are you doing for Business? I'm doing AQA and I always do bad in the 9 markers
Original post by s.m30

Business
History
Sociology
English Lang
English Lit
RS

are you doing edexcel business, i find it a pain in the behind
Original post by lydiarutharnold

i do edexcel. i can help you if you want.
Original post by 3pointonefour
It's at my school's sixth form. All I need to study maths, further maths, physics and computer science are:
7 in maths, 6 in English Language, Physics and Computer Science.
They're quite low so I can realistically just barely pass my GCSEs and still get it (though realistically I'll aim for more 9s and 8s, just not in English :biggrin:)

oh cool, so are you doing gcse further maths aswell?
Looking forward to maths, Spanish, all the sciences and English lang
worried about geography
Original post by lydiarutharnold

Yeah I am!
Original post by GVqwWHJC1GRTm43
What exam board are you doing for Business? I'm doing AQA and I always do bad in the 9 markers

I'm on edexcel but the 9 mark structure shouldn't be too different.
Most looking forward to: English Lit, it's my favourite subject
Least looking forward to: English Lit, a lot of people are expecting me to get 100% :s-smilie: no pressure :biggrin:
Looking forward to Business Studies & Biology but English Language, History and Maths... No thank you.
Original post by ninja_uchiha
oh cool, so are you doing gcse further maths aswell?

Yep, the AQA one. Our further maths teacher was out for 2 months so I ended up teaching it instead. Then when my teacher came back he went back to basics. Our class are just starting matrices now. How about you?
same as @entertainmyfaith
but I'm kinda(probs not) looking to get Literature over and done with since Im doing it early this year(idk why so dumb)
dreading: MATHS MATHS MATHS MATHS and Science
[QUOTE=:)Esss[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];77240738]i do edexcel. i can help you if you want.

are there any resources you recommend at all and do you have any idea how to answer the 8 and 10 markers on unit 3?
oh
and history :smile:
Original post by s.m30
Yeah I am!

How do you revise for business?
Reply 38
Yea of course.I’m really good at maths but please help me with sociology and business.
Reply 39
r.s - easiest
History - (Hardest)? OCR A has way too much content.

Quick Reply

Latest