The Student Room Group

Charterhouse - 2023 entry (sixth form)

(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Hey! I am going to Charterhouse in September and I came from a state school so I certainly know a thing or two about the entrance requirements and how it all works. They will of course ask for your most recent school reports, behavioural reports etc. and then they will ask you to come in for an examination day, usually doing English, Maths or Science and another chosen subject. The papers are based mainly on IGCSE syllabus and I remember not knowing some questions or even finishing the Maths! The interview, personal statement and the extra-curricular activities you do are crucial to getting a place in my opinion. Most people who apply are smart and I'm sure you are academically smart too, but you need to find something that sets you apart from other people. In the interview make sure you sell yourself more than anything and they will ask you questions you already know about yourself! I wish you well and with 80 places available for girls with probably 300-500 applying internationally it is tough but just stay focused on your GCSE's and TAKE TIME on your personal statement. If you want I can send my personal statement.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Hi,Tee-Noh. Thank you for your detailed information. Now I am preparing for Charterhouse six-form exam. I chose physics as my subject. Could you kindly tell me what it is like and is it difficult? Also, if you could send me you PS, I would be more than thankful.
(edited 1 year ago)
Did you guys get in?
Reply 5
Original post by Fun4
Hi,Tee-Noh. Thank you for your detailed information. Now I am preparing for Charterhouse six-form exam. I chose physics as my subject. Could you kindly tell me what it is like and is it difficult? Also, if you could send me you PS, I would be more than thankful.

If you need my PS, send me a PM. The tests were straight forward, although I believe you would've done them already. Haven't been on here for a while - workload here is nuts!
Original post by Tee-Noh
Hey! I am going to Charterhouse in September and I came from a state school so I certainly know a thing or two about the entrance requirements and how it all works. They will of course ask for your most recent school reports, behavioural reports etc. and then they will ask you to come in for an examination day, usually doing English, Maths or Science and another chosen subject. The papers are based mainly on IGCSE syllabus and I remember not knowing some questions or even finishing the Maths! The interview, personal statement and the extra-curricular activities you do are crucial to getting a place in my opinion. Most people who apply are smart and I'm sure you are academically smart too, but you need to find something that sets you apart from other people. In the interview make sure you sell yourself more than anything and they will ask you questions you already know about yourself! I wish you well and with 80 places available for girls with probably 300-500 applying internationally it is tough but just stay focused on your GCSE's and TAKE TIME on your personal statement. If you want I can send my personal statement.

You can consider the Charterhouse in Malaysia. It is equally good. Google it.
when I looked on the Charterhouse website, it said that you sit a standard English test and then choose the three subjects you wish to study at level?
I am really worried about maths as it is not my strongest subject. Does anyone who is trying to get in for the 2024 admission know if there is a compulsory maths exam?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by username6247154
when I looked on the Charterhouse website, it said that you sit a standard English test and then choose the three subjects you wish to study at level?
I am really worried about maths as it is not my strongest subject. Does anyone who is trying to get in for the 2024 admission know if there is a compulsory maths exam?

There is a compulsory maths exam which is very straight forward. It's more so mental maths.
Reply 9
Original post by Tee-Noh

Hey I'm going to charterhouse this year, I'm just wondering If you like it?
Original post by antost
Hey I'm going to charterhouse this year, I'm just wondering If you like it?

Yes, it's a good place to be for sure. Living there is seamless, the extracurriculars there are great, and many of us go onto top universities in the country and abroad - as a bonus. We won't cross paths as it's my last year, but if you have any Q's feel free to message me. Best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending