The Student Room Group

Coursework grade - should I worry?

I know I'm going to sound like one of "Those people", but today I found out I got 34/40 in my History coursework, a solid A (two marks from the boundary either way). That's good and all, but I was expecting nearer 38 or 39, so I'm fairly disappointed.

Disappointment aside, I'm fairly worried that this will drag my grade down. The course work amounts to 15% of the course, and I was a good 5% off the A* boundary. Now in my essays I typically get 89-91%, so it's not like I'm straight A* material, so my coursework was something I was relying on to drag my grade up, not down. Do you think this is a major issue worth worrying about?

The other exams are worth 40%, 25% and 20%.
Original post by Manninagh
I know I'm going to sound like one of "Those people", but today I found out I got 34/40 in my History coursework, a solid A (two marks from the boundary either way). That's good and all, but I was expecting nearer 38 or 39, so I'm fairly disappointed.

Disappointment aside, I'm fairly worried that this will drag my grade down. The course work amounts to 15% of the course, and I was a good 5% off the A* boundary. Now in my essays I typically get 89-91%, so it's not like I'm straight A* material, so my coursework was something I was relying on to drag my grade up, not down. Do you think this is a major issue worth worrying about?

The other exams are worth 40%, 25% and 20%.

This is an unofficial mark and it will go through external moderation. Focus on the other papers.

Quick Reply

Latest