The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

what do students like about bath University

Im interested to hear student opinions about Bath University, its campus and student life in Bath
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h: You could also try asking in this thread here if you haven't already: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3605353 :h:
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by username3924836
Im interested to hear student opinions about Bath University, its campus and student life in Bath

Hey!

I think each individual has different preferences, but surely everybody loves the campus as the accommodation houses are all together with the restaurants and the lecture buildings really close, so it offers such a community feeling. The city is really safe and secure, it was voted one of the safest cities in the UK and it's so beautiful. It's touristy and it has every shop you need. The city is also really close to the campus so you get the best of two worlds. It's really convenient to take a walk to the city if you don't want to take the bus, a walk takes you like 30 minutes so not too bad.

People are also taking advantage of all the opportunities here. You can get involved in so many activities, from volunteering to sport or art societies and there is a variety of part-time jobs as well. You also have the STV with a nice pool you can use for free and they're just building a huge new gym as this one is kind of crowded at the moment.

It's a very international University. There are so many students from every part of the world and it's amazing how much you can learn about different cultures. You can also take different Language classes for free in each semester and improve your skills.

Nightlife is also getting a lot better. There are so many clubs to choose from and each night has a different theme in terms of music and dress code. Bristol is also 15 minutes on the train so you can always plan big events with your friends and go there for big nights out.

I hope this answers your question.
Elena

Hey!

My favourite thing about Bath uni is definitely the campus, as there's such a community feel and a good atmosphere, especially when it's really sunny and everyone sits by the lake with a Pimms!

Also, I've found that everyone at Bath has a good balance between work and social life so you can go out as much as you like or work as hard as you like and there will be like-minded people.

Elena has explained it all really, but hope this helps a bit too!

Alice,
2nd Year Management
The Ratleys

Bath is honestly so awesome, I've made tonnes of amazing memories that will stick with me for life. Everyone is so nice and kind, including the lecturers/staff. I was meant to go to UCL actually but I'm so glad things ended the way the did!
I went for a Masters in Biosciences last year. Can honestly say overall I didn't enjoy my whole university experience, largely because I got a late offer, had 3 weeks to find accommodation and had to live in Batheaston, outside the city, which made travel to the uni...complicated.

Looking back in a more balanced way, there are several things I did like. I like campus universities (as opposed to ones spread across a city). The campus is quite secluded at the top of the hill, which is both good and bad. Most days I liked the city (as someone who also like a bit of historic architecture) but the lack of colour can make it a bit dull a lot of the time. Honestly the best thing for me was a lot of the lecturing staff. As a masters student you tend to have modules with only a few people on so get a lot of direct contact, seminars etc. As a lot of this was for subjects I was really interested in, it was great.

Plenty of things I didn't like, but now isn't the time, I think :tongue:
Reply 7

I love that once you get to the city centre, every shop and cafe and restaurants are so close together. It's great that after clubbing, you can just walk back home.
It's hard to find accommodation in the city in 2nd year tho

Quick Reply

Latest