The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

What was target bath rare like?

People that did this programme what was it like? Also, what was the interview like what kind of questions did they ask?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Rainyzack
People that did this programme what was it like? Also, what was the interview like what kind of questions did they ask?

The interview isn't too long, they ask you similar questions to what they've put on the application form.

I don't know if @University of Bath could shed any more light on the process?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Hi. I found the programme really great. I really liked the mentorship side of it, my mentor helped me with so much, especially when it came to my personal statement and applying to university in general. If you're worried about not knowing anyone post a-levels you just want to see how Bath is I'd say its perfect for that. I went on two residentials with as part of the programme, one for just Target participants and the other was Discover Bath. There were both great to see how it was like living in accommodation and seeing how facilities were like around campus.

For my interview I was mainly asked about the course I planned to study/ applied to do at Discover Bath. Just things like why do you like it etc. I was also asked about why I applied to Target Bath, and why I was interested in Bath as a university. It was quite short and not too difficult. Overall I'd recommend it :smile: Check out the website too if you haven't already as there is more info there. You can email the address at the bottom of the page too if you have further questions.

P.s. Soz for the long reply
Reply 3
Original post by Turtle_2903

No it's fine! The more detail the better aha.

How long did it take to get a response after the phone interview?
Original post by mesub

I had my phone interview 4th February and had a got accepted into the programme on the 23rd March, so it a month and a bit. This might've been different for other people, and may be different this year too, so I don't know how relevant that information is.
Reply 5
Hi. I found the programme really great. I really liked the mentorship side of it, my mentor helped me with so much, especially when it came to my personal statement and applying to university in general. If you're worried about not knowing anyone post a-levels you just want to see how Bath is I'd say its perfect for that. I went on two residentials with as part of the programme, one for just Target participants and the other was Discover Bath. There were both great to see how it was like living in accommodation and seeing how facilities were like around campus.

For my interview I was mainly asked about the course I planned to study/ applied to do at Discover Bath. Just things like why do you like it etc. I was also asked about why I applied to Target Bath, and why I was interested in Bath as a university. It was quite short and not too difficult. Overall I'd recommend it :smile: Check out the website too if you haven't already as there is more info there. You can email the address at the bottom of the page too if you have further questions.

Thank you both for helping me out. Also i assuming ur now applying to uni as well so gl
Reply 6

Does the experience give u stuff to use for ur personal statement?
Does the experience give u stuff to use for ur personal statement?

Tbh I actually didn't mention it in my personal statement. This was mainly because I lowkey didn't have space, and the strand I chose for Discover Bath (Civil Engineering) wasn't the course I applied to study (architecture). I did put in in my application in the extra-curricular section tho.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Thank you both for helping me out. Also i assuming ur now applying to uni as well so gl

Just out of interest, when is your telephone interview?
Reply 9
Original post by mesub
Just out of interest, when is your telephone interview?

Tuesday next week
Original post by mesub
No it's fine! The more detail the better aha.

When is your interview?
Reply 11
When is your interview?

I had mine on Thursday.
Original post by mesub
I had mine on Thursday.

How did u start the interview? Did u have to call them or did they call u?
Reply 13
How did u start the interview? Did u have to call them or did they call u?

I was worried about the same thing aha. They called me a few minutes after the time
When you have done the residential, can you come back and post about it?
It might help other applicants and encourage them to apply next year,
Reply 15
Original post by McGinger
When you have done the residential, can you come back and post about it?
It might help other applicants and encourage them to apply next year,

Definitely will do 👍. Pretty sure this is the first time somebody has posted about this, so it would be great if future applicants can find out more information
Reply 16
Looks like they've sent out decision emails!
Original post by mesub
Looks like they've sent out decision emails!

Yes i just received mine. I GOT IN. im very happy since i thought my GCSE would hold me back. Luckily that was the case tho. Was u able to receive a place as well.
Reply 18
Yes i just received mine. I GOT IN. im very happy since i thought my GCSE would hold me back. Luckily that was the case tho. Was u able to receive a place as well.

Congratulations! Yes.
Original post by mesub
Congratulations! Yes.

Congrats to u as well. Glad we both got in

Quick Reply

Latest