The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Modern Languages and Economics

Hey, I was wondering if anyone here studies or studied modern languages and economics at Warwick or even knows someone who studies it as I have not been able to find any sort of opinions on it. I'm planning to apply as it's one of the only two universities in the England that actually does the course I want to study.

So if you do, could you tell me about the workload and if you have any regrets?

Thanks!
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by topbomlover1
Hey, I was wondering if anyone here studies or studied modern languages and economics at Warwick or even knows someone who studies it as I have not been able to find any sort of opinions on it. I'm planning to apply as it's one of the only two universities in the England that actually does the course I want to study.

Thanks!

Hey! I’ve firmed French and economics and I couldn’t find a proper topic either. Do you think it’s a new course? I honestly think it’s a great course, but would actually like to hear what other people think of it.
Original post by escaff

Hey! I’ve firmed French and economics and I couldn’t find a proper topic either. Do you think it’s a new course? I honestly think it’s a great course, but would actually like to hear what other people think of it.

I'm not sure, but it's probably relatively new as I honestly can't find anyone who took the course. I'm hoping to go to Warwick's open day in September but the transport costs a lot, but if I get the offer I will probably still firm it as my friends who went said the modern language department is amazing and Warwick also has a great reputation for economics.

Could you reply again later when you have started your course? It would be really helpful for me and anyone who decides to choose the same thing in the future haha
Hello , I’m starting Economics and Spanish in September and I’ll be more than happy to feedback what I Experience when I arrive .
Thank you, that would be great!
Original post by edward808389
Hello , I’m starting Economics and Spanish in September and I’ll be more than happy to feedback what I Experience when I arrive .

Hey I was wondering if you could tell me how you're finding your course?
(Original post by topbomlover1)Hey I was wondering if you could tell me how you're finding your course?

hi - I am also trying to find anyone out there who is studying, or applying to study, French and Economics.

Any info welcome!

Thanks!

Original post by escaff

Hey! 2 years later and now there's me having the same problems as you lol. How are you finding it? (if you did end up going to Warwick to do this course) I was considering French, Russian, and Economics but Russian would be ab initio so I don't know whether I'd really struggle with the workload or not.
Original post by JackDarley03
Hey! 2 years later and now there's me having the same problems as you lol. How are you finding it? (if you did end up going to Warwick to do this course) I was considering French, Russian, and Economics but Russian would be ab initio so I don't know whether I'd really struggle with the workload or not.

Hey! Yes, I did end up going to Warwick haha. I study Japanese, German and economics and most of the year the workload isn't too bad. It usually gets intense at the end of the year when there are exams but that's the same for everyone I guess. If you still have questions let me know!
Hey! Yes, I did end up going to Warwick haha. I study Japanese, German and economics and most of the year the workload isn't too bad. It usually gets intense at the end of the year when there are exams but that's the same for everyone I guess. If you still have questions let me know!

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate the info but instead I opted for Computer Science and French. Best of luck with your course :smile:

Hi, may I know which year you are in and if you have any feedback on the marketability of the course? I am looking to focus on a career in the financial sector. Do you have any feedback via your own experiences or those of others doing the course with regards to internships and job placements? Also, have you heard of anyone who has gone on to do a post graduate Msc Economics after doing this course?

In the year abroad, did you study or do a work placement? At the moment my preference would be to find a work placement in the financial sector but not sure how feasible that will be.

Any feedback you can give about your experience or of others doing a language and economics joint honours would be great.
would you mind sending personal statement as i can barely find any for this course ;(
i’m applying for the same course! would you mind sending me your personal statement as i’m really struggling to find any for this degree path?
Original post by edward808389

Quick Reply

Latest