The Student Room Group

Who should I ask for a reference? (Applying from Ireland)

I left secondary school last year and am currently on a gap year as I was unsure what I wanted to study. I've decided to apply to university in the UK and was wondering who to ask for a reference?

I'm currently doing a 1 year PLC course in marketing (started in August), and I'm applying to study business and modern languages.

Should I ask a teacher from the current course I'm on? Or would I be better off asking either my economics or French teacher from secondary school?
Reply 1
It needs to be an academic reference - so you need to ask your school.
Most schools will be happy to help, even if you are a gap year.

Quick Reply