The Student Room Group

Swapping One of My A Levels

I was wondering if it's a good idea to change my history course to Economics and i needed some advice on whether or not this is a suitable choice for me to do because i think economics would be a usefull subject to do but i also didn't do it for GCSEs so i don't know if i would be able to handle it. On the other hand history is a really heavy subject to do and it's necessary to be 100% committed to it.
Original post by VianVeismoradi
I was wondering if it's a good idea to change my history course to Economics and i needed some advice on whether or not this is a suitable choice for me to do because i think economics would be a usefull subject to do but i also didn't do it for GCSEs so i don't know if i would be able to handle it. On the other hand history is a really heavy subject to do and it's necessary to be 100% committed to it.

Checks:

Do you need it for your chosen degree? - As far as I know, history is required for some history degrees, economics is not really a required subject for the majority of economics degrees (only 1 or 2 semi-ask for it)

What are your other subejcts and do them complement economics or history better?

Do you like analytical subjects? If you don't, economics might not be for you

Do you enjoy history?

Which subject will you regret the least not taking?

"Useful subjects" aren't usually academic; they're usually vocational. Unfortunately, vocational subjects aren't usually respected at uni.
Economics is principally theoretical, not applied i.e. the usefulness of the subject is limited to just ideas.
"Useful" A Level subjects can include: accounting, computer science/IT, modern languages, electronics, digital tech, fashion, law, stats, thinking skills, art and design, business, design and textiles, food science and nutrition, English language.

Quick Reply

Latest