The Student Room Group

Should i choose triple science???

I have the option of choosing normal science or triple. Do you think i should do the triple. There are more exams and more work including stress if i take triple but is it worth it.
Confused student over here
Thanks
Depends, if you really like the sciences and think about taking them at A-level then sure. But at A-level, you need to remember that they will go over everything from the start so if you do pick double science you will go over stuff you would've missed if you picked triple science.
Original post by Mona.M
I have the option of choosing normal science or triple. Do you think i should do the triple. There are more exams and more work including stress if i take triple but is it worth it.
Confused student over here
Thanks

Depends how much you enjoy science, I chose it and I don’t regret it at all. Also Triple science opens up a lot of career pathways for you in the future, so I would say it’s worth it.
I also say its worth it.
there arent more exams, theyre just longer
tbh i dont think the content is that much longer and more complicated, defo less than a whole other gcse
plus you come out w 10 gcses instead of 9
and its good if you wanna do science in the future
id go for it tbh
Yea definitely do triple!! I'm doing double a the moment and not taking triple is my BIGGEST regret about choosing my GCSE's. Even if u don't like science, it's rlly helpful to have
100%
nahh i do higher combined :~) totally dont regret picking triple as it would have just added more pressure and more work for me :/ Only pick it if you really need it in the future, like if you are doing it for A levels then PICK IT but if your not, then DONT :smile:
im meant to file in my options form on monday and thanks to u im choosing triple science, its either that or computer science whjich i have no interest in whatsoever
If you're aiming for Medicine or you REALLY like science, go for it. Otherwise, double is just as good. :yep:
Original post by RazzzBerries
If you're aiming for Medicine or you REALLY like science, go for it. Otherwise, double is just as good. :yep:

Triple isn't required for medicine - I did double and it was fine :smile:
Original post by thatonethere
Triple isn't required for medicine - I did double and it was fine :smile:

It's not required, but it's likely OP will take the sciences at A-Level if that's their chosen career path. The jump from triple to A-Level may be easier.
100% no! take it from me i chose triple science and i used to be smart, i revise but none of the content is ever in the fricking test and its ridiculous and so annoying i cant even. or youll revise and then the questions will be soooo different and im failing all 3 take it from me ITS NOT WORTH ITTTT and the double classes are always so much more fun way better ppl not stuck up ppl who think theyre einsteins when theyre really not okay youll thank me later DO NOT CHOOSE IT! periodt if u have to ask yourself if u want to choose it or not then DONT thats it just done if u wanted to choose it you wouldnt have asked yourself or searched this up

-failing student that regrets triple science x

Quick Reply

Latest