The Student Room Group

I'm not sure which A levels to choose and I'm in year 11

I want to do a high paying job in the future. I kind of want to get into cybersecurity, but one of my friends who chose computer science for GCSEs said that it was hard, so I'm not sure if I should do it for A levels. I'm currently doing English language, English literature, Triple Science, Spanish, Geography and Art. I think I want to do maths for my A levels, but I'm not too sure about what else to choose. Also, any career advice would be greatly appreciated!!
I say just choose subjects that you enjoy and that you’re good at. What are your top 3 subjects at GCSE? That’s how I chose my A levels
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
I say just choose subjects that you enjoy and that you’re good at. What are your top 3 subjects at GCSE? That’s how I chose my A levels

Sorry for the late response. My top 3 are maths, biology and spanish, but i don't think my parents will let me choose Spanish.
Original post by One_piece
Sorry for the late response. My top 3 are maths, biology and spanish, but i don't think my parents will let me choose Spanish.

Is there a reason they don’t want you to do Spanish? I don’t think it’s right for your parents to have control over that decision for you
Reply 4
Original post by Teribblestudent
Is there a reason they don’t want you to do Spanish? I don’t think it’s right for your parents to have control over that decision for you

I agree, but my parents are really strict and they don’t think that there are any good university degrees that would need Spanish a levels
Original post by One_piece
I want to do a high paying job in the future. I kind of want to get into cybersecurity, but one of my friends who chose computer science for GCSEs said that it was hard, so I'm not sure if I should do it for A levels. I'm currently doing English language, English literature, Triple Science, Spanish, Geography and Art. I think I want to do maths for my A levels, but I'm not too sure about what else to choose. Also, any career advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Spanish will lead to offers from Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Durham, Warwick, York, Bristol, Manchester, Edinburgh and other top Computer Science departments.

Quick Reply

Latest