The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Unsuccessful by default

I just received an update on UCAS about my standing application to Edinburgh, and it says unsuccessful by default since the university didn't respond by the deadline.

This is quite devastating news, especially since I have been calling and sending them e-mails with a request for a status update in my application. I knew they were slow at responding, but getting rejected this way is pretty disheartening.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? I am going to try and call them and see if they just forgot to respond, but it seems like I was getting rejected either way.
Reply 1
Original post by heidik2002
I just received an update on UCAS about my standing application to Edinburgh, and it says unsuccessful by default since the university didn't respond by the deadline.

This is quite devastating news, especially since I have been calling and sending them e-mails with a request for a status update in my application. I knew they were slow at responding, but getting rejected this way is pretty disheartening.

Does anyone have any advice on how to proceed? I am going to try and call them and see if they just forgot to respond, but it seems like I was getting rejected either way.

I have never actually heard of that happening before. And yeah, for certain, I'd call them ASAP.

Good luck! :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2

[video="youtube;7L0zKFVUznQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0zKFVUznQ[/video]
Reply 3
Thanks! :smile:

Original post by ROC10
I have never actually heard of that happening before. And yeah, for certain, I'd call them ASAP.

Good luck! :smile:
woah. I have never heard of that before! deffo give them a ring. Did you by any chance apply after the deadline?
Reply 5
Me neither! Like I knew they were slow, but I still thought I would get a straightforward yes or no haha.
I applied before the deadline and luckily got two offers, but I just feel like I need closure on this one.

Original post by Cereidee
woah. I have never heard of that before! deffo give them a ring. Did you by any chance apply after the deadline?
Me neither! Like I knew they were slow, but I still thought I would get a straightforward yes or no haha.
I applied before the deadline and luckily got two offers, but I just feel like I need closure on this one.

That's actually terrible of them, seriously. call them tomorrow and see whats up!
Reply 7
I am in the same situation, actually. This is very strange!
Reply 8
What, really? That is weird! Are you an EU student and which course did you apply for?
I guess we'll both be calling them first thing in the morning :P
Original post by Plavnigun
I am in the same situation, actually. This is very strange!
Reply 9
What, really? That is weird! Are you an EU student and which course did you apply for?
I guess we'll both be calling them first thing in the morning :P

I am an international student, not from EU. Honestly, this is really weird, since I've even provided my transcripts to the university, because they told me that they were required for the assessment, so I thought that everything would be ok with my application. So, yes, probably I should call too!
Reply 10
Same here!

Let me know when you hear anything, they were already looking into it when I called. Good luck, I hope it works out for us!

Original post by Plavnigun
I am an international student, not from EU. Honestly, this is really weird, since I've even provided my transcripts to the university, because they told me that they were required for the assessment, so I thought that everything would be ok with my application. So, yes, probably I should call too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending