The Student Room Group

Why is my tesco application unsuccessful

Hi, I’ve applied for 27 tesco jobs and because they are disability confident I should have received 27 interviews… which I haven’t.
I got a call to book an interview last week and I check this morning to look at another application and it says unsuccessful before I’ve even gone for the interview.
I’m so confused right now, does anyone have any insight?
Thanks.
Reply 1
Ask Tesco.
Reply 2
Original post by Emreayd
Hi, I’ve applied for 27 tesco jobs and because they are disability confident I should have received 27 interviews… which I haven’t.
I got a call to book an interview last week and I check this morning to look at another application and it says unsuccessful before I’ve even gone for the interview.
I’m so confused right now, does anyone have any insight?
Thanks.

Hi

Reason why you probably not getting interview with any position you apply for with Tesco is probably the fact you have applied for too many Jobs at once.

The best thing to do when applying for multiple jobs position with the same supermarket is to perhaps apply for a maximum of about 2 or 3 jobs at the same time and spread out the other positions you apply for over a certain amount of days so that if you fail with one position the chances are you'll also fail with the others.

I would suggest you apply for jobs every three days or so so that the current position you applying for can be processed and then hopefully you will get a opportunity to get a interview.

You can be confident as you want to be but it doesn't mean you will be offered any interviews.

I think that the reason for the one you looked at this morning being unsuccessful is because you probably didn't contact them to arrange a interview or they looked at the application of your previous applications and decided to not to go ahead with interview and put it as unsuccessful.

Another reason why they put it down for unsuccessful could be that they filled the amount of positions for that particular job and yes they have the right to withdraw anyone interviews if they filled the position up.

You need to ask for feedback from Tesco about it even though you never had a interview but you did have one booked until they notified you of unsuccessful.
A lot of the applications goes through a central recruitment office and other times it's up to the individual store's to deal with the process.

I would advise you to apply for other positions with Tesco but only apply for a few at a time and don't apply for more until at least three or more days in between and then hopefully you have better success.

You usually can't apply for the same job reference number for at least one year so be careful with those reference numbers when applying for more in the future.

Try also to apply for a big store as may be more successful compared sometimes to there small metro stores where competition is very competitive.

Maybe update your online profile if possible.

Unfortunately I can't give you any more information about what happened apart from what I have said above.

A team leader and stand in supervisor as required with Tesco.
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

Reason why you probably not getting interview with any position you apply for with Tesco is probably the fact you have applied for too many Jobs at once.

The best thing to do when applying for multiple jobs position with the same supermarket is to perhaps apply for a maximum of about 2 or 3 jobs at the same time and spread out the other positions you apply for over a certain amount of days so that if you fail with one position the chances are you'll also fail with the others.

I would suggest you apply for jobs every three days or so so that the current position you applying for can be processed and then hopefully you will get a opportunity to get a interview.

You can be confident as you want to be but it doesn't mean you will be offered any interviews.

I think that the reason for the one you looked at this morning being unsuccessful is because you probably didn't contact them to arrange a interview or they looked at the application of your previous applications and decided to not to go ahead with interview and put it as unsuccessful.

Another reason why they put it down for unsuccessful could be that they filled the amount of positions for that particular job and yes they have the right to withdraw anyone interviews if they filled the position up.

You need to ask for feedback from Tesco about it even though you never had a interview but you did have one booked until they notified you of unsuccessful.
A lot of the applications goes through a central recruitment office and other times it's up to the individual store's to deal with the process.

I would advise you to apply for other positions with Tesco but only apply for a few at a time and don't apply for more until at least three or more days in between and then hopefully you have better success.

You usually can't apply for the same job reference number for at least one year so be careful with those reference numbers when applying for more in the future.

Try also to apply for a big store as may be more successful compared sometimes to there small metro stores where competition is very competitive.

Unfortunately I can't give you any more information about what happened apart from what I have said above.

Exactly
Reply 4
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

Thanks, I didn’t apply for 27 jobs at one I meant that I applied for 27 total and I had 2 active ones, thanks for the advice I’ll definitely check my profile and make sure I’m happy with it.
Reply 5
Original post by Emreayd
Thanks, I didn’t apply for 27 jobs at one I meant that I applied for 27 total and I had 2 active ones, thanks for the advice I’ll definitely check my profile and make sure I’m happy with it.

Thanks for your reply

It's was just the way you wrote 27 jobs you applied for okay.

The way I suggested to you to apply for jobs with Tesco and any other places is the best way rather than too many at once.

Just tweak your online profile with Tesco a bit to make it more appealing and where possible ( if you can do it) be available to work anytime although you may want to only work certain hours per day etc.

Good luck with future job applications with Tesco and other retailers.
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
Exactly

😀🤔
Reply 7
This happened to me too !! I emailed them as I was curious why I wasn't given an interview and I was given a generic response with no explanation lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending