The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

IFP

I would like to take the IFP (International Foundation Program) at University of Reading; and I wonder how my timetable would look like and how much time I need to spend at the university and on homeworks.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Dalal123
I would like to take the IFP (International Foundation Program) at University of Reading; and I wonder how my timetable would look like and how much time I need to spend at the university and on homeworks.

Hello ☺️

Thank you so much for your question and interest in studying at the University of Reading! Although I do not study this course, I have had a quick look on the website and it seems it will be a similar set up to your first year of an undergraduate degree. I believe there is a student ambassador who studied this course so I will ask her about the workload etc and get back to you!

If you have specific questions I would suggest emailing the foundation programme on the following email: [email protected].

Any other questions just let us know!

Alice :h:
Food Science Placement Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Hi, I'm currently doing the IFP program and your suppose to choose 3 modules and one compulsory module, depending on the module you take the timetable will vary like for me there were days where i only had an hour lecture or no lecture at all. But you won't be spending your whole day in the university only if you have more than 2 modules a day. And from the modules i took, the homeworks only mattered for psychology and maths module bc she actually asked for it, idk about other homeworks tho but some module's homework are marked and go into your final grades
Reply 3
Thanks Alice. Actually I've checked their website and I will attend the open day on 15th June.

Cheers
Dalal

Original post by UniofReading
Hello ☺️

Thank you so much for your question and interest in studying at the University of Reading! Although I do not study this course, I have had a quick look on the website and it seems it will be a similar set up to your first year of an undergraduate degree. I believe there is a student ambassador who studied this course so I will ask her about the workload etc and get back to you!

If you have specific questions I would suggest emailing the foundation programme on the following email: [email protected].

Any other questions just let us know!

Food Science Placement Student
Reply 4
Original post by bibi35
Hi, I'm currently doing the IFP program and your suppose to choose 3 modules and one compulsory module, depending on the module you take the timetable will vary like for me there were days where i only had an hour lecture or no lecture at all. But you won't be spending your whole day in the university only if you have more than 2 modules a day. And from the modules i took, the homeworks only mattered for psychology and maths module bc she actually asked for it, idk about other homeworks tho but some module's homework are marked and go into your final grades

Thank you Bibi35, that was very helpful.
Cheers
Dalal
Original post by Dalal123
Thank you Bibi35, that was very helpful.
Cheers
Dalal

Hi Dalal,

I have spoken with one of our student ambassadors who did the International Foundation Programme - she did modules in chemistry, biology and environmental science so had quite a lot of contact hours as there were both labs and lectures for these three modules. It will depend highly on the modules you take as for non science subjects there will probably only be lectures as apposed to labs and therefore contact hours is less. She also said there was a lot of homework, but this was manageable!

She enjoyed the IFP, as it gives flexibility to see what particular modules you enjoy and therefore what degree subject you might like!

Hope this helps,

Quick Reply