The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Clearing

I applied last year BA Economics for university of reading and got an offer I was also expected to go last year after my results came I had received an unconditional . However, due to personal issues which I had no control of I wasn’t able to go last year therefore, reapplied this year. However, I wasn’t given an offer this time and was rejected. I’m quite nervous as I am keen to go to reading alongside studying economics. I’m nervous about the whole clearing experience. Advice please?
Original post by enthusiast00
I applied last year BA Economics for university of reading and got an offer I was also expected to go last year after my results came I had received an unconditional . However, due to personal issues which I had no control of I wasn’t able to go last year therefore, reapplied this year. However, I wasn’t given an offer this time and was rejected. I’m quite nervous as I am keen to go to reading alongside studying economics. I’m nervous about the whole clearing experience. Advice please?

Where else did you apply and have you used all five choices on your UCAS application?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Have you asked for feedback about why your application was made an offer for 2023 and rejected for 2024?
I got an offer from reading for graphic communication design , i don,t know if i want to go
Original post by normaw
Where else did you apply and have you used all five choices on your UCAS application?
Yes I did apply for all 5 but to be honest, reading is the only place I am keen to go to and genuinely thought I’d get it because, last year I had received an unconditional offer
Original post by PQ
Have you asked for feedback about why your application was made an offer for 2023 and rejected for 2024?
For maths they wanted a grade 6 but I had a grade 5 however, I contacted admissions last year and they said once they look through the application they’ll make a decision and last year the decision they presented me with was an unconditional offer
For maths they wanted a grade 6 but I had a grade 5 however, I contacted admissions last year and they said once they look through the application they’ll make a decision and last year the decision they presented me with was an unconditional offer

Have you thought about resitting GCSE Maths? There’s still time to be entered for this summer.
Yes I did apply for all 5 but to be honest, reading is the only place I am keen to go to and genuinely thought I’d get it because, last year I had received an unconditional offer
you didn,t get in ?

Thats weird , they accepted me without wanting my portfolio
Original post by Angela Pallisery
you didn,t get in ?
Not this year, I got rejected by the same university which gave me an unconditional last year.
Not this year, I got rejected by the same university which gave me an unconditional last year.
oh ok , i got an offer from them , i am looking to do graphic communication there

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending