The Student Room Group

International Foundation Program

Hi everyone,
My family will move to London soon and because i need to take an International Foundation year, im looking for an ACTUAL good one.
I want to study Marketing in London also, specifically at City ( Uni of London ) and i saw that they partnered up with INTO, Kaplan and some other private organisations for the IFP.
The thing is, i read the reviews of all these places and they're all so negative. If anyone have studied for IFP or any programs here before, can you give me an honest review?
I also looked into IFP at UoL because apparently they have cheaper tuition fee but the reviews are negative as always
So, any advices now are welcomed! Since i'm pretty much confused cause i don't want to pay a ridiculously expensive fee just to receive a low quality teaching Foundation and lower my chance to progress into my dream university
Thanks everyone!
Why not just sit A levels at a local FE college? They’re likely to be cheaper (unlike kaplan. And into they don’t exist to make huge profits) and you’ll have far more options open to you than from an IFY.
Reply 2
I’m actually on my 2nd gap year in Paris which makes me 20 now:smile: That’s why going for A Level ( 2 years ) is too long for me
Original post by madelinelaam
I’m actually on my 2nd gap year in Paris which makes me 20 now:smile: That’s why going for A Level ( 2 years ) is too long for me

Most colleges will have an option for fast track A levels.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Most colleges will have an option for fast track A levels.

Ah i see thank you! Btw do u think it’s better, i can increase my chance to get into university when opting for the A Level instead of the International Foundation Program? Thank you!
Original post by madelinelaam
Ah i see thank you! Btw do u think it’s better, i can increase my chance to get into university when opting for the A Level instead of the International Foundation Program? Thank you!

Every UK university accepts A levels. IFYs are only accepted by universities associated with their franchise plus occasional others.

A levels are a formal widely recognised qualification. IFYs are not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending