The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Physics Unit 3: Oscillations and Nuclei 4th June 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowseatmilk
So the velocity is 90 degrees out of phase with the displacement.
The kinetic energy will follow the same graph as the velocity but there are no negative values

Ah *******s didn’t do no negative values for kinetic energy! So did you velocity graph look like a sin graph but going negative first?
One of the questions which took me a while to get was the one with mass and 4m string [SMH]. It asked for Vmax but for some reason i just couldn't find the Amplitude-after the reading the question about 6 times. But did you guys use 0.25m or 4m for the Amplitude?
Original post by classicalmusic
One of the questions which took me a while to get was the one with mass and 4m string [SMH]. It asked for Vmax but for some reason i just couldn't find the Amplitude-after the reading the question about 6 times. But did you guys use 0.25m or 4m for the Amplitude?

The max velocity was like 0.39 right?
Original post by Graphitenexus

Ok thats a relief
Original post by BorisThePug
The max velocity was like 0.39 right?

Yes. What did you have for max ke? I couldn’t get the same answer using 1/2m*vmax and using their equation
For the energy lost in the SHC question did you guys use 1.6 or 2.2 as the mass?
Yes. What did you have for max ke? I couldn’t get the same answer using 1/2m*vmax and using their equation

The max ke was 3.8x10^-3 i believe.
For the energy lost in the SHC question did you guys use 1.6 or 2.2 as the mass?

I'm confused on what question you're on about...
I'm confused on what question you're on about...

The part right after calculating the new temperature as 78C
Original post by BorisThePug
The max ke was 3.8x10^-3 i believe.

I had that using 1/2mvmax^2 but a different value using their equation
For the last SHM question how did you do it? did you have to half the Time period to find x? I had x=-0.15:afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid:

I used 1.6 as the mass and did 1.6x4200x22 to find the energy lost
Original post by george_thelwell
I used 1.6 as the mass and did 1.6x4200x22 to find the energy lost

Good I did the same
For the last SHM question how did you do it? did you have to half the Time period to find x? I had x=-0.15:afraid::afraid::afraid::afraid:

I did change in ke = change in gpe and rearranged to get h
The part right after calculating the new temperature as 78C

Ohhh right, Umm i used the mass for the 100degrees flask. Can't remember the value tho. Might be the 1.6kg one
Ohhh right, Umm i used the mass for the 100degrees flask. Can't remember the value tho. Might be the 1.6kg one

Alright good I did the same
Ah *******s didn’t do no negative values for kinetic energy! So did you velocity graph look like a sin graph but going negative first?

Yeah it did follow a negative sin shape
Alright good I did the same

thats what i did but it was a three marker so was feeling a bit sketchy about it
I got 7.75mm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending