The Student Room Group

How difficult do you find this test paper in comparison to A-levels?

I understand that it might be totally pointless to compare two tests, each based on different educational system, which also means different expectations.
I want to apply to UK universities, so I've been looking for the requirements. Basically, my national school leaving exam is appropriate, so I don't need to take A levels, but I've heard that schools tend to prefere those students, who have obtained A levels. I don't know if it is true or not, though.
I could find some A-level past papers on the Internet and I didn't find them particularly difficult, what's more, I found the calculations even "easier"
I don't want to offend anyone saying that A levels are easy at all, but I would like to hear some opinions from the other side (from those who take A levels and "judge" this test paper).
So, the link to the exam: http://dload.oktatas.educatio.hu/erettsegi/feladatok_2018tavasz_emelt/e_kemang_18maj_fl.pdf

(It's official and there's an English version almost every year due to bilinguial schools)

Thank you for anyone's reply!
i just scrolled through that test and (possibly because ive fried my brain with too much revision) i was overwhelmed by how much was going on with all of those short questions that still needed loads of work - if you found the past papers easy youd probably say the same for the real things.

also the grade boundaries tend to be really low bc we all do so badly as a nation each year haha

(im doing a level chem, bio, english lang btw)
Personally, I don't see a large difficulty hike compared to my A Levels, however the topics kinda cross over from things you see in other units/topics, so one would have to be confident in the basics and the foundation as well as advanced topics to stand a good footing in this exam. Some calculations here are some that you'd probably expect in the tougher end of A Level problems, though, but all in all pretty good.
Reply 3
Thanks for looking it through!
I forgot to mention that it's devided into two sections. Beside the written part, there's also a speaking exam, so the written (max. 100 points) and the speaking part (max. 50 points) makes up the final grade. You have to solve problems and talk about a specific topic (out of 20) and also make one experiment (out of 69).

Good luck on your A levels anyways! (I am also taking this kind of exam in biology, too :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending