OCR A Level Chemistry - Paper 1 Physical 5th June 2018 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by davidbr0wi3
Anyone get 22.5 for the value of k?

Yes is that wrong? 😭
Reply 81
I got 7320 or something for the Ea? maybe gradient so MS is lenient
Original post by alice_victoria
What did people get for the oxide of chlorine one? I got an mr of 142.4 I think and CoClO4 but I was so confused so it’s probs wrong 😂

i put cr207
I hope grade boundaries are soooo low completely messed up the hydration and average bond enthalpy question..as well many of the others ...and I really need an A fml
Original post by GCSEStudent903
Was a pretty nice paper, some answers i got below. Please add to this so we can form an accurate MS:

Multiple Choice:

Extended Answer Questions:
* The enthalpy change that accompanies the dissolving of 1 mole of gaseous ions in water to form 1 mole of aqueous ions.
* Cycle constructed
* -927/2 = = -463.5 (as 2F-)
* F- has a more exothermic hydration enthalpy as smaller ionic radius so stronger attraction with water molecules.
* +158 bond enthalpy for F-F

Cl2O7 for formula of liquid A.
RbIO3 for compound.
95.9% for NaOH in Bleach.
1.02 mol for Kc
0.477% dissociates

Final Question:
C = Trans of [Cu(NH3)4(H20)2]
D = can't remember
E = Cu
F = Cu(NO3)2 . 3H2O

* -927/2 = = -463.5 (as 2F-)

should be -504

Thanks! So p-ed off because I did a dative covalent bond on each of the o-
Original post by Lala~
I got 2.5 for 1/T when I drew the line, so it would be 2.5/10^-2 (or 2.5x10^3) ? Were you meant to take away 83 from 100 for T for the pv=nrt question?

Nooooooo! Loooking at this is sooo depressing actually
Original post by yoyomynameis...
wtf you can't just do that.

I was thinking this, it's gonna suck if this was the answer and i didn't write it. I didn;t think iron could react with itself to form 2 ions

Why can’t you do the first one
I got 7480 for the activation energy since my gradient was 900, do you think that will still get the marks?
What did people get for the activation energy in the Arrhenius equation question?
Original post by GCShElpme
Hey! I think I got something like -1008 for the enthalpy of hydration one :/ Not sure about the answer though.

Same here
Reply 91
Original post by DoctorAngel
Nooooooo! Loooking at this is sooo depressing actually
Did I get it wrong? :frown:~~~~ Does anyone know the value of T for that pv=nrt question or were you even meant to use pv=nrt?
(edited 5 years ago)
I hope grade boundaries are soooo low completely messed up the hydration and average bond enthalpy question..as well many of the others ...and I really need an A fml

SAMEEEE
Yes is that wrong? 😭

That doesn't look right
Original post by qwertyupoiuyt
I got 7480 for the activation energy since my gradient was 900, do you think that will still get the marks?

how did u work out the gradient? if you have shown sufficient working, you should get atleast 2/3
Original post by Lala~
Did I get it wrong? :frown:~~~~ Does anyone know the value of T for that pv=nrt question or were you even meant to use pv=nrt?

Also will
Fe3+ + 2I- ---> Fe+ + I2
Fe 3+ + Fe+ ---> 2Fe2+
be alright for the rate determining step question
Reply 97
Original post by eja1407
D was CuSo4
I got Ea of + 6650Jmol-1 (from m = -800)
Pka = 4.76
Hydration enthalpy -504

Yh I got exactly the same my Ea was roughly around yours. Definitely -504 for hydration enthalpy.
Original post by dépaysant
Did anyone get Cl3O2 because I thought pV=nRT wasn’t required as it was 100kPa and it was just a change of state as it boils at 83 Celsius? So 0.445g produced 0.076/24 mols of gas.

I think you can only use n=v/24 at rtp!
Original post by wraja
Yh I got exactly the same my Ea was roughly around yours. Definitely -504 for hydration enthalpy.

What hydration enthalpy did you get? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending