The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Mosope17
Less than a month? Isn’t results day 23rd ?

I counted a month to be 4 weeks, not 30/31 days.
Original post by Panda12468
Is it true that for 9-1 subjects we only get our grade and no break down of our raw marks or ums marks? It would be useful to know how close we r to the next grade to see if a re mark is a sensible thing or not

Ya think so
Is it true that for 9-1 subjects we only get our grade and no break down of our raw marks or ums marks? It would be useful to know how close we r to the next grade to see if a re mark is a sensible thing or not

If not i think the teachers get them so you can ask them on the day
Reply 383
Wow amazing, mind me asking what country ur from and how much u revised?

Original post by Missradioactive
I do the IGCSEs, and there's not much populated threads about it on here, so maybe I can bob in...?

Predicted grades (currently, based on the exams done and preparations):

English Language B: A*
Bengali: A*
Mathematics B: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
Further Pure Mathematics: A/A* (I'm predicted an A, but I'm working harder than ever and pushing for an A*)

Holiday plans: Actually I'm gonna start college early, purely because I can't bear the slow-motion days any longer :tongue:

The day before results day plan: Speak to my teachers, mates and parents to let it all out. Also I'm gonna be on TSR, venting out my fear in the all-nighter threads that may be created.

On results day: I'm guessing that my school will give us our results at 11:00 am, like every year. But hey, I don't think I can wait any longer than that if they don't !
Even though I'm a late-riser, I'm pretty sure I'll naturally wake up at around 6:00 am. Then I'll check the grade boundaries to try to predict my grades and freak out !

Best wishes to everybody receiving their results on 23rd August ! We'll survive this stressful experience ! :smile:

Original post by Loci Pi
Yeah of course you're welcome to use this thread :five: (great predicted grades btw)

For my yr 10 results day I woke up in the middle of the night at 2am and decided to stay up all night on TSR/watching TV. The results day memes were great! The minutes before the boundaries are released are terrifying though!
Idk what I'm gonna do to distract myself once exams have finished, so I'm gonna be spending a lot of time on this thread too :smile:

Thanks for creating this, where i can find my stressed out counterparts :redface: Mind me asking what year 10 results are u on about?
Reply 384
Original post by sabnas
Wow amazing, mind me asking what country ur from and how much u revised?

Thanks for creating this, where i can find my stressed out counterparts :redface: Mind me asking what year 10 results are u on about?

Welcome to the 'results day stressed out' club :five: I was referring to when I collected my Further Maths result last year because I did it in yr 10.

Good luck for results day :smile:
Original post by Loci Pi
Welcome to the 'results day stressed out' club :five: I was referring to when I collected my Further Maths result last year because I did it in yr 10.

Good luck for results day :smile:

August is closeeeee :eek3:

I think it is, I saw it on the aqa website, but it is a general thing as your results certificate will of course have all your grades regardless of exam board. I did see that you may be able to request your raw mark from the exams officer though.
Predicted by school / Personal Targets

English Language- 7 / 7/8
English Literature- 7 / 7/8
Maths- 9 / 9
Combined Science- 8-8 / 7-7
RE- 8 / 7/8
Sociology- A* / A*
Business- A* / A
ICT- A* / A*

Some of my personal targets are lower than my predicted as I feel I probably haven't done brill in those exams
**** this thread is making me anxious now :lol: :cry2:
tbh i dont know anymore, i’ve convinced myself ive failed (i know i havent). But id love 7 and above in everything, but maths and spanish ive defo got 6’s.

and im more worried about them messing up the marking again like last year and people getting incorrect grades
WHAT I THINK I'LL GET / WHAT I WANTED

English Language - 6 / 7
English Literature - 6 / 7
Mathematics - 6 / 7
Combined Science - 5-6 / 7-7
French - 5 / 6
Geography - 4 / 5
RS - 7 / 8
Business Studies - A / A*
Media Studies - A / A*

Hopefully I'll get some of the grades that I wanted, but for some reason my expectations are low
My results day for cambridge exams are in the 14th of August ..the edexcel results for my islamiyat o level and classical arabic are on the 23rd ..so i have less than 3 weeks left and im so nervous because i biology and maths were so screwed up and i really want at least B's and above. I took also english second language ..business and economics
Everyone’s replies all seem to be for the new 9-1 system. Tried that for 2 months, hated it and moved from England to wales due to personal reasons (the gcse system is the old one)Here are my predicted grades (considering that I’ve missed out 4 years of education entirely)English: CMaths: B (already got)Numeracy: B (already got)Finance: A (2 marks off an A* *)Combined science: CCWelsh Second Language: BChild Development: ARE: E (Got a G in year 10 - 1st half of the course)I did WJEC exams and the only exams I keep struggling with are English because even with the extra time I can’t seem to physically write enough for the exam board...For sixth form I will be taking Maths, Biology, Child Development and Welsh Baccalaureate (Its compulsory *)My plan for after results day??Get my registration pack sorted and cry in a hole as I have no friends.Spent around £200 on everything I need for sixth form sooooo at least I’m prepared lol.
It’s so difficult predicting what I think I’ll get as most subjects are in the new spec so we can’t even look at previous grade boundaries. But these are my predictions (not very accurate)

English Lang: 8
English Lit: 7
Rs: 7
Geography: 6
Business: B
Citizenship: 5
Maths: 5
Science core: 5
Science additional: 5
everyone’s predicted grades are so high compared to mine . I’m literally worried as it gets closer to the day. I do foundation maths & I’m aiming for a 4 just so I can do my a levels & forget about maths forever but if I see a grade 3, my life is over tbh? the sixth form I want to go to doesn’t allow u to do a levels whilst retaking maths so I have to do btec’s that I dislike. What do I even do if I fail? I’m praying I don’t & i pass but imagine if grade boundaries are highh & ugh I’m just so worried. I bet no one else can relate lol
I love how confident everyone is and expecting these high grades Im happy with 6&7s
my predicted grades (doubt I’ll even get them)

Maths : 4(5 if I am absolutely lucky)
English lit: 6 or 7
English Lang :6 or 7
Science: 5-4 (bc two gcses)
Art:7 or 8
Drama:6
Media Studies: A+ or B
History: 4 ( I hate history with passion, never passed lol)
My predicted grades are:

English Lit: A*
Maths: A*
Additional Maths: Distinction
Biology: A*
Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Welsh 2nd Language: A*
RS: A*
German: A*
Music: A*
History: A*
Welsh Baccalaureate: Distinction

I already completed my Numeracy and English Language courses last year (A*s).

Needless to say, I’ve put a lot of pressure on myself. I feel confident for most of the subjects, other than English Lit. I have a feeling I’m either going to just miss an A* or just scrape it (this is not good as I plan to study it next year).

My school with open at 08:30 on 23rd August, and I plan to be there are soon as it opens. I’ll bring at least one of my parents, and I’ll open the results myself because the thought of someone else doing it scares the s**t out of me. Then I’ll have to register with my sixth form (which is the same school). I’m going to change A Level RS to A Level Chemistry because I prefer the latter, even though I want to study Law at university.

After opening my results, I plan to eat a lot of chocolate and hopefully celebrate. I may not be able to speak clearly on results day as because I’m having a tooth operation the day before, but whatever.
predicted/ what i want:
Maths 9/9
Physics 8/9
Chemistry 8/8
Biology 8/7
French 8/8
English lit 7/8
English lang 8/8
Computer science 9/7
History 8/9
Alevel philosophy A/B

I worked v hard over the GCSE period and would like these grades
What time do the grade boundaries come out?

Latest