The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal halloway

hi I have received an unconditional offer from RHUL for msc data science with year in industry course, I want to know how are the placements ? What are stats regarding placements and research work, Can anybody help me please
Original post by RushikeshT
hi I have received an unconditional offer from RHUL for msc data science with year in industry course, I want to know how are the placements ? What are stats regarding placements and research work, Can anybody help me please

Hi RushikeshT,

Congratulations on your offer!

Your year in industry will be a year spent working in a placement of your choice. It is up to you to find a suitable placement, but the Department of Computer Science and our Careers and Employability Services will help you find opportunities and help you prepare for interviews and reviewing your applications.

Our Data Science and Analytics programme prepares you for a career as a data scientist; you will be taught both the foundational aspects and the practical skills that prepare you for handling and analysing different types of data in different fields and your year in industry is there to support this.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I'm happy to help.

Susana :smile:
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi RushikeshT,

Congratulations on your offer!

Your year in industry will be a year spent working in a placement of your choice. It is up to you to find a suitable placement, but the Department of Computer Science and our Careers and Employability Services will help you find opportunities and help you prepare for interviews and reviewing your applications.

Our Data Science and Analytics programme prepares you for a career as a data scientist; you will be taught both the foundational aspects and the practical skills that prepare you for handling and analysing different types of data in different fields and your year in industry is there to support this.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know and I'm happy to help.

Can I get reference of any current student with whom I can have a quick chat regarding the course itself ?
Original post by RushikeshT
Can I get reference of any current student with whom I can have a quick chat regarding the course itself ?

Hi RushikeshT,

You can chat to a number of current students on our website here. While these students don't study Data Science and Analytics, a few have secured placements through the Careers and Employability Services and a couple are from the Department of Computer Science.

They are all more than happy to answer any questions you might have about studying at Royal Holloway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending