The Student Room Group

Colour Me Royal

What colours would give a royal impression? What colours would you see the royal family wear or expect to find at the upcoming coronation?

Otherwise, which colours do you consider rich and giving a vibe of luxury?

:crown::party::crown:
:party2:
Tyrian purple is the classic royal colour of course, and I certainly expect to see some shade of purple being worn.

Royal blue is also a very nice colour, and from a quick search it appears it was created by the winners of a competition to make a dress for Queen Charlotte, the consort of King George III. I believe this is also the shade of blue which features on the Union Flag, but I may be wrong!
Original post by CatusStarbright
Tyrian purple is the classic royal colour of course, and I certainly expect to see some shade of purple being worn.

Royal blue is also a very nice colour, and from a quick search it appears it was created by the winners of a competition to make a dress for Queen Charlotte, the consort of King George III. I believe this is also the shade of blue which features on the Union Flag, but I may be wrong!

Wow that's so intriguing! I wonder how the colours change with different cultures as well :0
Deep red seems quite royal to me 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest