The Student Room Group

What can I do?

Nearing the end of year 12 in one of the *****est towns in England: I'm so ****ing stressed, achieving awful grades and my predicted grades aren't enough to get me into any decent university.

My aim, although possibly unrealistic, was to use my Irish passport to leave the UK and go to the continent; probably the Netherlands. I intended to go to university there and while I don't know what job I'd like: I wanted to work it out while studying there.

I just cannot envision myself doing well at sixth form with my A-levels: I can't revise, I don't know how to revise and I don't have the willpower to make myself do it. I don't pay much attention in class and I am unhappy at sixth form. I've started just not turning up somedays and coming up with an excuse but theres only so many times I can do that: its just so ****ing stressful. Its pathetic of me, I know.

I don't want to speak to a school counsellor, I don't want to be patronised by my teachers and I want them to stop wasting their time on me. I am a failure: I've been telling myself since the first in class exams that I would improve. I haven't improved. I'm going to leave with not even 3 C's. Is it even worth staying on? Can I achieve my aim of living on the continent with a comfortable income if I don't complete my A-levels or just drop out entirely? Can I do my A-levels from home?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm just so ****ing stressed. I should be in college now but instead I'm at home feeling sorry for myself while trying to work out my excuse this time. I'm pathetic. Sorry if I've affected anybodys mood.
Reply 1
If u don't wanna speak to your school counsellor then go speak to an external counsellor, someone outside your school. Or a teacher you feel comfortable with.

Just continue going, stay committed and go every day. U gotta put the work in if u wanna get the grades , ask you teachers for help and how to revise.

If u can't the grades, u might wanna think about applying for a foundation course at uni which requires much lesser grades (can later be turned to full honours)
How do you expect to do well when you don't even believe in yourself one bit? You have to talk to someone though it is the only way something can be done. We can't do anything for you so you yourself have to secure your future.

Quick Reply

Latest